Sign in to follow this  
Piranavan

PK

We just bought a vehicle from a known Trader, but he does not have the V5(logbook). they asked us to apply for a new logbook. there anywhere to check if this vehicle is registered to the Trader we bought it from?  I have not paid them anything yet.

Hi.

Trade do not and (are not required to) register cars in their name.  Instead the yellow- trade notification- section is completed or it's done online by the previous keeper.

Please also note that a V5 is not proof of ownership.  It even says so on the back. 

Applying for a new one is not much bother.

What are your concerns?  Is it a garage you're buying from?

Hi, 

Yes we bought it from a Private Limited Garage but i just want to be safe than sorry. 

is there anyway I can check the vehicle is off Trade or Trade registered?

21 minutes ago, Piranavan said:

Hi, 

Yes we bought it from a Private Limited Garage but i just want to be safe than sorry. 

is there anyway I can check the vehicle is off Trade or Trade registered?

What noa is saying it doesnt make any difference who its registered to only who has legal tittle to the car.

4 hours ago, Piranavan said:

We just bought a vehicle from a known Trader, but he does not have the V5(logbook). they asked us to apply for a new logbook. there anywhere to check if this vehicle is registered to the Trader we bought it from?  I have not paid them anything yet.

So...... Who's gonna get their arse smacked for this one at Vertu VW Nottingham? :lol:

23 minutes ago, Stalker said:

So...... Who's gonna get their arse smacked for this one at Vertu VW Nottingham? :lol:

no one, 

we agreed the vehicle purchase and now just wondering out options or give the car back :)

9 hours ago, Piranavan said:

???

9 hours ago, Frankieola said:

How's this linked to Vertu VW Nottingham? 

Look at the op profile? 

9 hours ago, BHM said:

???

Exactly what I thought, probably shook hands too! 

19 hours ago, Piranavan said:

We just bought a vehicle from a known Trader

14 hours ago, Piranavan said:

we agreed the vehicle purchase and now just wondering out options or give the car back

Where's the problem, You bought it !