Anglo9

Critique my ads please

7 hours ago, Ek cars said:

January clearance be quick smacks of desperado to me, nice cars though.

Can't deny it , but gets the phone ringing in a desperado month 

On 1/23/2020 at 6:46 PM, Anglo9 said:

They are dear in the book to be fair , but the auto @£9k is priced up a bit silly

Compared to other CR-V Auto's, I don't think that's particularly silly. They are bonkers to buy, but people will pay the money. Have one here myself, similar money. Yes, the Hyundai's will look cheaper but they don't attract the same buyer.

2 hours ago, CRW said:

Compared to other CR-V Auto's, I don't think that's particularly silly. They are bonkers to buy, but people will pay the money.

I used to do plenty of CRVs (not autos due to cost) but how many people go out shopping with about £10K & want to be in a 10yr old Honda? For the record I don’t disagree with what you say, it’s just that it must be a narrow market. 

I know they cost a fortune as I found out 6mths ago. I’d sold the Mrs’ old one & after 4 weeks of looking a nice auto CRV came up at the block. I paid a ridiculous £7500 for a low mileage 60-plate. But as I say, it must be a narrow market cos a decent manual would be a fraction of the price.

Its definitely a narrow market, the buyer is going to be 60 plus, originally from the home counties and with a wife that doesn't get out of the car until summoned! (what's not to like!)

I used to think "no-way" when I saw the prices of Auto CR-V's, but stuck my neck out and bought one and it sold. Have one here now that's a bit sticky, but it will go.

Of course with a narrow market, you have narrow demand, but narrow supply. They wont have many to go look at, so its buy yours or wait another month for one to come along.

I personally don't do very well with "bread and butter" cars.  There will always be a private seller within 10 miles under cutting your £3000 Fiesta by a grand. When you aim at the lower end of the market, buyers are particularly price sensitive and will drop their drawers to save £50, apparently...……...

• Like 1