Blenheim Car Sales

BCA car deliveries question

Been using BCA to deliver my car for a while now ( much cheaper if you buy 2-3-4 from same site) up till now everything has been on transporter, Exactly as i wanted no speeding drivers, No issues  found on the road getting worse as they continue driving them, Yesterday however i had 2 cars Driven to me from Bedford, Around 90 miles..........................Just wondered if your experiences of using BCA own transport was Driven or Transported.......................  rang the BCA branch and they said its whatever the most cost effective for them and quickest for me.......................I however only thought they  transported everything 

Some are driven, some are transported, some are outsourced and some are in house. It all depends on the logistics. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tradex said:

This, but buying in bulk oftens get them transported in my experience. 

As above but Same as tradex  anything.around 4 has always been transported to the various businesses I've been involved with over the years 

Edited by Casper

Buy 5 to 10 at one time from BCA Bedford always transported. Buy odd ones from online they are driven. 

I ONLY allow transported. I do not trust drivers not to thrash a car to within an inch of their lives. How do I know?

I was a valeter at Pendragon Nissan/Isuzu and Subaru when I was 18-20 and admit that none of us respected someone's new car (brand new). Now I have grown up, I hate my former self for treating people's things in a manner that showed no respect.

This was 1993 and the Subaru Legacy was my favourite car, the DP used to let me take it when I was sent to tax cars/bank runs etc. That same year, the Impreza came out too.

Off topic: Funny how 200hp was such a benchmark figure back then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I ONLY allow transported. I do not trust drivers not to thrash a car to within an inch of their lives. How do I know?

I was a valeter at Pendragon Nissan/Isuzu and Subaru when I was 18-20 and admit that none of us respected someone's new car (brand new). Now I have grown up, I hate my former self for treating people's things in a manner that showed no respect.

This was 1993 and the Subaru Legacy was my favourite car, the DP used to let me take it when I was sent to tax cars/bank runs etc. That same year, the Impreza came out too.

I get quite a few driven to me from Bristol and all the drivers are grey and in they're 60 & 70's.... But, I also remember when I started as a valeter i often got sent out to collect cars and pick up parts, too this day I don't know how I didn't manage to write one off..... Loved the XR2's XR2i, my boss had an original M635 CSI which I drove a few times.....

think we were all a bit daft in our early employed years, i know i was:ph34r:,  regards delivery i don't use it much but always found it was who rather than how it was delivered, not keen on drivers these days but in the last few years iv'e had a "yes iv'e got the correct ramps for that" man damage a lotus front bumper, and a twonk manage to ruin a merc by using an A-frame, 

with the increase in sourcing stock from a distance someone could get rich delivering cars if they had proper appraisal experience and got organised, out of interest whats everyone paying per mile ex vat?

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 12:04 PM, Mark101 said:

On 12/11/2019 at 7:13 PM, awc1000 said:

think we were all a bit daft in our early employed years, i know i was:ph34r:,  regards delivery i don't use it much but always found it was who rather than how it was delivered, not keen on drivers these days but in the last few years iv'e had a "yes iv'e got the correct ramps for that" man damage a lotus front bumper, and a twonk manage to ruin a merc by using an A-frame, 

with the increase in sourcing stock from a distance someone could get rich delivering cars if they had proper appraisal experience and got organised, out of interest whats everyone paying per mile ex vat?

We all were the same i know i was we had a courtesy 106 at one of my first jobs we all thought we were rally drivers lol  

Edited by Casper

So, just out of interest. I'm just arranging delivery for cars from both BCA and Manheim. I messaged them both yesterday afternoon for a price for single car to North East London postcode. BCA came back in 30mins, nothing from Manheim. Today I have just received another message from BCA with a cheaper price? Still nothing from Manheim?