Sign in to follow this  
Steve92

Autotrader "dealer managed website"

Is there any way of getting customer testomonials on your own website when your website is a generic Autotrader one ? Also for cars that have sold, if you mark them as sold on Autotrader does it automatically remove them from your dealer website ? Can/does it create a cars sold section ?

Yes I know could click things but it's not exactly my site to go clicking on everything, for me once a car is sold it should come off the web but it would be nice to show customers what we have sold in the past. Or is the Autotrader site very limited ?

I no longer use the Razor sites but what I used to do was in the header text box type Sorry now sold!!! 

You  can then tick a box that stops the car featuring on your autotrader advertising package but still shows on your website for as long as you like.  I usually did that until the customer had collected the car and to make us look like had sold a nice few cars. 

• Like 1

I think you can add a page in the 'manage my website' bit (blue button at top of dealer portal) and call it whatever you like - how about 'testimonials'?

Then just cut, paste and publish.

• Like 1

GG ! Your talents are wasted mate :)  ! What did we do without cut and paste all those years ago .... ! [ Strangely enough i went to learn 'computers' in 1985/86 and after 3 evenings, a very poor teacher I gave up !!  cut paste I couldn't get my head round at the time ! :) ] 

I've taken screenshots of my testimonials and published them on my Testimonials page (see GG's post above for how).

• Like 1

Hello,

Hope you're all well.

Just adding my two pence worth... :)

GG and Rosemotors are right, you can add a testimonials page. (It's easy to do within your website manager tool but if you need us to run through it, please don't hesitate to reply on here or contact me on bethany@autotrader.co.uk and we'll get in touch). I can't see your dealership details Steve so I'm unable to check your website package/templates as you may have some limitations. Here's some nice examples - 
http://www.stationgarage.co.uk/hall-of-fame and http://www.stephen-hannahcars.co.uk/reviews 

As you may or may not be aware, we have our free Dealer Ratings service whereby your customers can leave reviews based on their experience and these will be displayed on your adverts. Long term, we're looking to merge this with Dealer Websites so that Dealer Ratings becomes the main mechanism for collecting consumer feedback.

Many thanks

Bethany
Auto Trader

• Like 2

Thanks Bethany, I had a quick look and found a page that I think I can tweek. I might drop you an email about something else to do with the web.

• Like 1