Sign in to follow this  
FAIR GO

fair go

JUST A THOUGHT from a previous North American car dealer....Why don"t we dealers lobby the government to regulate auctions? as in the USA and Canada no general public members are allowed in auctions because of strong consumer laws which here in the UK do not seem to apply to auctions? and why not? what happens if a person buys a car from say BCA and gets killed in it due to a mechanical error?  Stopping Joe Public means better conditions and prices for dealers and a strengthening of the industry. BCA and Manheim will benefit long run. Currently more dealers are going out of business thus making the public a good alternative for the auction houses. BUT why should we all play with unfair rules. THEY - the auctions must supply a warranty with all cars and they must be road worthy etc as we do and the public should have recourse and the ability to sue the auctions for bad cars and injuries. There is more to say but lets hear it from you ...but one final point. WE do not stick together for our own good .....it will take a class action lawsuit or the death of a family to get the government to start regulating car auctions...putting terms and conditions on the wall or on the Webb as Auction Houses do, is all they have to do and they could be selling death traps ...and they dont care,

auction.PNG

Edited by FAIR GO
added picture for post

Seriously starting to think regulars here make these new fake accounts.

My instinct tells me it was the members that were more active but now have become less active....but now we see these random posts....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Seriously starting to think regulars here make these new fake accounts.

My instinct tells me it was the members that were more active but now have become less active....but now we see these random posts....

Nobody is that bored or stupid.  I for one couldn't make up such drivel if I tried.  (Organising Car Dealers is like herding cats- as I've said on many occasions.)

These stupid (OP) posts have been an intermittent feature for years.  Like an EML on a german car. One will always appear.

Edited by NOACROSS
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Nobody is that bored or stupid.  

You'd be surprised.

Rainy gloomy days are boring when you are sitting duck waiting for phone to ring

49 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

(Organising Car Dealers is like herding cats-

:D:ph34r: 

3 hours ago, FAIR GO said:

JUST A THOUGHT from a previous North American car dealer....Why don"t we dealers lobby the government to regulate auctions? as in the USA and Canada no general public members are allowed in auctions because of strong consumer laws which here in the UK do not seem to apply to auctions? and why not? what happens if a person buys a car from say BCA and gets killed in it due to a mechanical error?  Stopping Joe Public means better conditions and prices for dealers and a strengthening of the industry. BCA and Manheim will benefit long run. Currently more dealers are going out of business thus making the public a good alternative for the auction houses. BUT why should we all play with unfair rules. THEY - the auctions must supply a warranty with all cars and they must be road worthy etc as we do and the public should have recourse and the ability to sue the auctions for bad cars and injuries. There is more to say but lets hear it from you ...but one final point. WE do not stick together for our own good .....it will take a class action lawsuit or the death of a family to get the government to start regulating car auctions...putting terms and conditions on the wall or on the Webb as Auction Houses do, is all they have to do and they could be selling death traps ...and they dont care,

auction.PNG

Silly modern day daft need a cuddle comment is this one .

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE FFING FEES IF THEY HAD TO WARRANT CARS OMG :o