metcars

Tax office numbers

Can someone help?

Is there a definitive list of hmrc tax office numbers available anywhere. I'm useless at searching these things out?

28 minutes ago, Casper said:

try this one seems to be a number to get your through to your local office 

Yeah, sorry I wasn't be clear. I need the list of 3 digit office codes, not phone numbers?

There used to be a little widget on the website where you could put in your postcode and it would give you the number but it seems to have disappeared?

Edited by metcars

1 hour ago, metcars said:

Yeah, sorry I wasn't be clear. I need the list of 3 digit office codes, not phone numbers?

There used to be a little widget on the website where you could put in your postcode and it would give you the number but it seems to have disappeared?

HMRC often dont make any sense.We used to to pay our PAYE to Cumbernauld office Glasgow,.I think to do that we had to send our remittance to Bradford.Also,If you want to see them that is not easy.I was querying a VAT assessment,so I phoned the inspector who worked in an office 2 miles away from us in Newcastle.( The 2nd largest government building in the world after The Pentagon ).I was told the office was not open to the public and I should contact Southampton office.You cannot make it up !

• Like 1

9 hours ago, trade vet said:

If you want to see them that is not easy.

Where as if you don’t want to see them.........

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2019 at 8:23 PM, metcars said:

The 3 digit code prefaces UTRs, etc. As a legacy rule of thumb, it used to be the local tax office to the employer or, if self employed or a company, their local tax office (not necessarily the employees local tax office for say a national company with centralised payroll).

But centralisation and other factors will have had an impact

And there is no easy/public access to a list of codes = tax office addresses.

However, if you google, there are a few websites which will spit the tax office address if you have the 3 digit code. But why would you need a list? Surely you just need to know your own?( In which case the websites will tell you.)

Edited by Dave c