TangoVictor32

LWB cars and parking tickets

Hi folks just want to pick your brains.

Really want a LWB for the extra leg room for all passengers and better handling.

But LWB cars wont fit in standard parking bays so would you be getting more parking tickets?

And will the appeals be succesful or will you be told to find a suitable parking space 3 miles down the road?

Aren’t you an ex copper? I thought you would know better than most. 

My option, buy aforementioned lwb car, register in trade to Mickey Mouse Car Sales at does not exist address and park wherever you want whenever you want. :ph34r: However as an upstanding member of society naturally I have never done this :unsure:

Just now, MarkTVS said:

Aren’t you an ex copper? I thought you would know better than most. 

My option, buy aforementioned lwb car, register in trade to Mickey Mouse Car Sales at does not exist address and park wherever you want whenever you want. :ph34r: However as an upstanding member of society naturally I have never done this :unsure:

Jeezus...

Since when did cops issue parking tickets?

Thats for the jobless brainless daft council jobsworths.... But then again it varies from council to council on how enforcing they are. Some councils even have wardens hovering over blue badge holders accusing them of misuse

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Jeezus...

Probably the only thing the Glasgow coppers could do correctly without making an ass of it :lol:

1 minute ago, MarkTVS said:

Probably the only thing the Glasgow coppers could do correctly without making an ass of it :lol:

I beg to differ. Been up here few times. Here today.

Gosh you guys dont have controlled parking areas. Park where you like when you like. Except city centre of course.

Some roads i have seen have cars parked in the middle of the road as well on either side!

Love the big wide American style one way roads.

Only thing i hate is the traffic lights they seem to be stuck on timers and have no sensors!

Friendly folk here too 

:lol:

6 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Jeezus...

Thats for the jobless brainless daft council jobsworths.... But then again it varies from council to council on how enforcing they are. Some councils even have wardens hovering over blue badge holders accusing them of misuse

I'm sure you realise that registering the car at a 'joey' address will not protect you from the random roadside 'stops' by the parking enforcement team who sometimes join up with the Police and their ANPR camera checking tax/insurance etc. Be prepared to have the car lifted if you don't pay?

Interestingly, my local London council had a splurge on blue badge abusers, they rounded up a few people using them illegally to park at the station or supermarket, dragged them off to court and they had their licences suspended and fines to pay. The actual owners of the blue badges would be pulled in to explain themselves. And just to be clear, these fraudsters were caught using the blue badge inappropriately, it was not a blue badge issued to themselves. Not that I condone these people, but what surprised me was that the courts have the power to suspend a driving licence for what is just in reality a parking offence?

https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/news/august-2019/three-blue-badge-cheats-lose-their-driving-licence/

Edited by metcars

29 minutes ago, metcars said:

I'm sure you realise that registering the car at a 'joey' address will not protect you from the random roadside 'stops' by the parking enforcement team who sometimes join up with the Police and their ANPR camera checking tax/insurance etc. Be prepared to have the car lifted if you don't pay?

Interestingly, my local London council had a splurge on blue badge abusers, they rounded up a few people using them illegally to park at the station or supermarket, dragged them off to court and they had their licences suspended and fines to pay. The actual owners of the blue badges would be pulled in to explain themselves. And just to be clear, these fraudsters were caught using the blue badge inappropriately, it was not a blue badge issued to themselves. Not that I condone these people, but what surprised me was that the courts have the power to suspend a driving licence for what is just in reality a parking offence?

https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/news/august-2019/three-blue-badge-cheats-lose-their-driving-licence/

I didn't say i was.

I was saying that it depends on council to council on how unenforceable they are. Some warxens with a lenient enforcement approach and a warden with Brains may see a LWB 7 series is bigger than the "standard" parking bay and not issue a ticket.

Whereas other authorities will hAve the bare minimum "standard" to catch you out and rinse £££

Some parking areas dont split the the length of a bay and have it as one continuous bay so the length wont matter but others cut it up in sections

40 minutes ago, metcars said:

Laugh? I nearly fell off my chair. It’s good to see your council catching up with fine upstanding members of the community by the names of Sunita Begum, Jodhsingh Jandoo, Masuma Lona and......and..... wait for it.......Iqbal Hakima Khan! Good old Iqbal! He gets everywhere, doesn’t he!?!! :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BHM said:

Laugh? I nearly fell off my chair. It’s good to see your council catching up with fine upstanding members of the community by the names of Sunita Begum, Jodhsingh Jandoo, Masuma Lona and......and..... wait for it.......Iqbal Hakima Khan! Good old Iqbal! He gets everywhere, doesn’t he!?!! :lol:

Other cultures do have common names like Dave John Tyler.....why isn't there a Joiner or plumber if there is a Tiler... And :lol:Gaz..

London councils and particularly Labour councils are keen for fines whereas smaller Tories aren't

26 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Other cultures do have common names like Dave John Tyler.....why isn't there a Joiner or plumber if there is a Tiler... And :lol:Gaz..

London councils and particularly Labour councils are keen for fines whereas smaller Tories aren't

Yeah, but its the same law for everyone? What interested me was that you can have your licence suspended for a parking offence?

8 minutes ago, metcars said:

Yeah, but its the same law for everyone? What interested me was that you can have your licence suspended for a parking offence?

Law's are very odd and been designed with flaws by idiots that sit on green benches

News to me. Unless they had other motoring offences at the time of the operation ie caught on phone or bald tyres and got dealt in one go due to points totting up .  

"Misuse is a criminal offence and can result in a maximum fine of £1,000."

If they could get disqual they would have mentioned it. Typical council response to make it look like they're doing something and scaremongering :lol:

they got you tho !

Edited by TangoVictor32

33 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Law's are very odd and been designed with flaws by idiots that sit on green benches

News to me. Unless they had other motoring offences at the time of the operation ie caught on phone or bald tyres and got dealt in one go due to points totting up .  

"Misuse is a criminal offence and can result in a maximum fine of £1,000."

If they could get disqual they would have mentioned it. Typical council response to make it look like they're doing something and scaremongering :lol:

they got you tho !

Did you read the link I posted. Looks pretty straightforward. It was also reported in the local paper. Obviously the local council are making a big deal about blue badge abuse, but the did actually send them to court! They were fined and banned? I'm not surprised they were fined, because they take blue badge fraud pretty seriously, but the suspension of your driving licence is a new thing?

Edited by metcars

1 hour ago, BHM said:

Ha! I knew you'd like that:D

3 hours ago, metcars said:

Did you read the link I posted. Looks pretty straightforward. It was also reported in the local paper. Obviously the local council are making a big deal about blue badge abuse, but the did actually send them to court! They were fined and banned? I'm not surprised they were fined, because they take blue badge fraud pretty seriously, but the suspension of your driving licence is a new thing?

I did read it... But did you understand it?

I quoted the bits in "" from your article.

They clearly mentioned misuse of a badge is a max fine upto £1000 - if it included banning they would have mentioned that too....

Like i said the bans were part of an operation with the police. They reported it the way they have done to beef it up... Then they clearly say underneath (and i will quote again) 

"Misuse is a criminal offence and can result in a maximum fine of £1,000."

14 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

I did read it... But did you understand it?

I quoted the bits in "" from your article.

They clearly mentioned misuse of a badge is a max fine upto £1000 - if it included banning they would have mentioned that too....

Like i said the bans were part of an operation with the police. They reported it the way they have done to beef it up... Then they clearly say underneath (and i will quote again) 

"Misuse is a criminal offence and can result in a maximum fine of £1,000."

"Three of them lost their licence for periods ranging from 28 days to four months when the sentences were handed out."

?

1 hour ago, metcars said:

"Three of them lost their licence for periods ranging from 28 days to four months when the sentences were handed out."

?

I rest my case... All i can do is repeat the above. 

You're welcome to do your own research but my view above is correct.

You could always go on the courts web site and read the judgement?

I'm sure the law changed years ago so you could be disqualified from driving for any crime in theory, burglary, robbery etc. It was seen as a deterrent....

I may be wrong though, but I will check with some of my contacts in the filth....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

I'm sure the law changed years ago so you could be disqualified from driving for any crime in theory, burglary, robbery etc. It was seen as a deterrent....

I may be wrong though, but I will check with some of my contacts in the filth....

Section 146 provides for a general power to disqualify a person from driving following a conviction for any offence. There is no requirement for a vehicle to have been used during the crime

I think your correct boycie was having a look around the google  

Edited by Casper

Just to confirm that I was correct then?????? Ha ha.

Any more legal questions can be way directed my way.

12 hours ago, beenaroundtheblock said:

Nice to know the ex copper has such a grasp of the law, not to mention car insurance. :lol:

Once again... If you could be disqualified for abusing a blue badge in the article provided at the bottom of it the penalty is mentioned - "max £1k fine" - if you could be banned it would have mentioned "max fine £1k fine and possible disqual"

Also if it was something new then there would be heavy publicity about it - just how there was about drug driving etc

However the article has done its job - to confuse and scare people :rolleyes:

Also i retired at a senior role - more managerial / procedural. Beat bobbies know more about little blue badge laws :lol:

15 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Once again... If you could be disqualified for abusing a blue badge in the article provided at the bottom of it the penalty is mentioned - "max £1k fine" - if you could be banned it would have mentioned "max fine £1k fine and possible disqual"

Also if it was something new then there would be heavy publicity about it - just how there was about drug driving etc

However the article has done its job - to confuse and scare people :rolleyes:

Also i retired at a senior role - more managerial / procedural. Beat bobbies know more about little blue badge laws :lol:

That's not really correct as we have already established that you can be disqualified following conviction of any offence.

You have said 'if you can be banned', you can be banned as these people were.

Perhaps it is taken for granted now, otherwise everytime a potential sentence was given it would have to include, 'possible driving disqualification' as well.

However, as we all know, following the ban on drink driving, there is no drink driving anymore. And I haven't seen anyone using their phone whilst driving since that was made illegal.....

Sounds to me that you were an Inspector or a Chief Inspector.

On a lighter note, next time you are on Youtube have a look at the Crimebodge site, he has some interesting videos about the extremely profession Police Forces of this country....

35 minutes ago, Boycie said:

That's not really correct as we have already established that you can be disqualified following conviction of any offence.

You have said 'if you can be banned', you can be banned as these people were.

Perhaps it is taken for granted now, otherwise everytime a potential sentence was given it would have to include, 'possible driving disqualification' as well.

However, as we all know, following the ban on drink driving, there is no drink driving anymore. And I haven't seen anyone using their phone whilst driving since that was made illegal.....

Sounds to me that you were an Inspector or a Chief Inspector.

On a lighter note, next time you are on Youtube have a look at the Crimebodge site, he has some interesting videos about the extremely profession Police Forces of this country....

From the wording of the article it is in fact misleading to establish you can be bAnned for misuse of a badge. 

If you google "penalty for blue badge misuse" you dont see anything in relation to a ban. Except this one article. And like i have said its not clear cut from their wording.

From another topic on this forum it has been established that a lot of folk on here weren't academic. Neither am i but its not really difficult to critique a piece of text...

Its not about "not seeing" - the point i clearly made there was publicity about phones / drugs / drink. Even the DVLA made a massive publicity over the last 6 months for road tax and they in fact went out and clamped a lot of cars in these specific cities that they publicised in. 

There's a lot of folk on youtube who make easy money by picking "flaws" in the professionalism in other areas of work yet they don't know how stretched these areas may be.

A prime example is a lot of fools that turn up to A&E but its not an "emergency" or "accident" - yes they may have accidentally cut their finger but it's not an "emergency" (this has huge demand and waste of resources and then there is backlash against NHS to not meeting A&E targets - well how can they when every willy nilly turns up?) or the recent fools who stab each other for peanuts? Then the rest of us are at risk from NHS' poor services or fear of privatisation. 

:lol:

Edited by TangoVictor32