TangoVictor32

DVLA V62 issue

20 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Finally got the letter sent 2nd class...

Asking for sellers / registered keeper details

Or my buyers details

Vin num 

All this was on v62 - sent em an email explaining that i already provided this and told them they should have emailed me as i provided email add... Rather than 2nd class post it and then enclose a 2nd class self stamped envelope too...

5 weeks later and still on square one and faffing about with 2nd class post to make things even quicker...slower

Dont bother emailing them completely pointless.

Never responded to my emails previously

5 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

Dont bother emailing them completely pointless.

Never responded to my emails previously

They gave me the option to email... I rang up and they said they received it... They even wanted a pic of the interior or a "drawing" - out of date letters get with the times !

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

They gave me the option to email... I rang up and they said they received it... They even wanted a pic of the interior or a "drawing" - out of date letters get with the times !

How strange they gave me the option to email before sent two emails never got a response. One letter later all resolved.

27 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

It actually wouldn't surprise me . Get the felt tips out :lol:

1 hour ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Or my buyers details

Vin num 

All this was on v62 - sent em an email explaining that i already provided this and told them they should have emailed me as i provided email add... Rather than 2nd class post it and then enclose a 2nd class self stamped envelope too...

5 weeks later and still on square one and faffing about with 2nd class post to make things even quicker...slower

We have never in all the years we've done this ever been asked those questions .

Just filled a V62 , sometimes we have known the previous post code , mostly we haven't got the post code though like the one last night . Took V62 to post office with new keepers name address , paid £25 because we didn't  know the previous post code , Post office taxed the car and the girl will get her V5 in due course as normal . 

59 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

We have never in all the years we've done this ever been asked those questions .

Just filled a V62 , sometimes we have known the previous post code , mostly we haven't got the post code though like the one last night . Took V62 to post office with new keepers name address , paid £25 because we didn't  know the previous post code , Post office taxed the car and the girl will get her V5 in due course as normal . 

Probably some jobsworth or newbie at DVLA that picked it up and doesn't have a clue...

39 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Probably some jobsworth or newbie at DVLA that picked it up and doesn't have a clue...

Either way I hope you get it sorted

• Thanks 1

I have never known this situation ? :huh:

have you double checked the vin matches the reg ?

i would also double check the vin numbers on the car for tampering, at a guess i would suggest its got a twin :unsure:

when we had the local dvla offices and there was a situation like this they would send somebody out, not that they were any good at there job, she asked me where the vin number was :lol:

The other week i applied for one with a £25 cheque, got a 2nd class letter returning cheque saying there was a mistake on it [ and i have studied and studied it, cant fault it ] unusually they did not return the v62 application with it [ they normally do] just said return the letter with another cheque, which i did same day, first class, log book came next day , which was a bit strange to say the least, if i had held out till next day, i would be £25 up, dvla, never ever rely on them, never assume they know what theyre doing, and always if its important send it recorded .

Edited by have a word with the wife
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

I have never known this situation ? :huh:

have you double checked the vin matches the reg ?

i would also double check the vin numbers on the car for tampering, at a guess i would suggest its got a twin :unsure:

when we had the local dvla offices and there was a situation like this they would send somebody out, not that they were any good at there job, she asked me where the vin number was :lol:

The other week i applied for one with a £25 cheque, got a 2nd class letter returning cheque saying there was a mistake on it [ and i have studied and studied it, cant fault it ] unusually they did not return the v62 application with it [ they normally do] just said return the letter with another cheque, which i did same day, first class, log book came next day , which was a bit strange to say the least, if i had held out till next day, i would be £25 up, dvla, never ever rely on them, never assume they know what theyre doing, and always if its important send it recorded .

They are clueless on the phone sound bored to death... Is Swansea that dead? :lol:

18 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

They are clueless on the phone sound bored to death... Is Swansea that dead? :lol:

They always speak so slowly .. as well must be a dvla thing 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Casper said:

They always speak so slowly .. as well must be a dvla thing 

I meant any the dvla workers on the phone they cant answer simply questions it takes all day to get through and then then put you on hold and its eh ah ill speak to my manager 

44 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2019 at 3:19 PM, TangoVictor32 said:

Or my buyers details

Vin num 

Following my email sent on 25th

Received log book today.

They printed it on 27th

I did give them 14 days and told them they shouldn't be faffing about with 2nd class post and enclosing 2nd class return envelopes. 

I also said that they have asked me for same info again and are taking the Mickey. 

They used first class post this time. 

So emails do work folks. I did ring them up ten minutes later and asked them If They received it. So i am guessing the dead beat that confirmed the email opened it and actioned it straight away.

In future i will always enclose a copy of the BCA invoice to speed things up. 

Edited by TangoVictor32
  • Like 1

If you have no V5 but you have the previous name and address of last owner you can get a new V5 in 1 week not 6 weeks. B)