Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

Switching from Car Gurus to AA

So we have done 6 months with Car Gurus on the paid package with limited success and quite a lot of very weak leads but with a few sales.

Our contract is ending this month and just wondering how every one is finding the advertising with AA and how many cars you're stocking?

4 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

So we have done 6 months with Car Gurus on the paid package with limited success and quite a lot of very weak leads but with a few sales.

Our contract is ending this month and just wondering how every one is finding the advertising with AA and how many cars you're stocking?

I know a few people cancelling AA and trying CarGurus. Seems like swings and roundabouts tbh.

CarGurus has delivered a couple for us recently on the free package.

Car gurus for me seem to come in massive surges. Nothing from them for a month then all of a sudden 3 in 7 days.

AA is useless for sales, very rare to get a sale directly through their platforms that said I think the ability to be aa branded makes it worth it’s money, it installs confidence into the consumer and makes customers who see us on other platforms more likely to buy. 

Don't rely on AA for sales.  

We use them for brand purposes only.  I feel that's what the majority do.

==============================================================

If your based in a densely populated area then go facebook with £25-30 per car targeting the "right type" of buyers.  I've mentioned on her to others before, it works well for us.  Does require quite a bit of tinkering around to get targeting correct, but once you do it right you'll be laughing.

Auto Trader at over £114.50+ VAT per car, per month...  I'll let that price sink in alone.  It works well for some, not so well for others.

CarGurus - I was in the same position, but just thought I'd rather not sell the vehicles just to pay for the advert so cancelled.

Motors - Not yet.  Been bought out by Ebay and will shortly be introducing a new platform, but early days and only whispers at current.  Probably more concrete news next year.

PistonHeads - Bought out by CarGurus, little to no traffic and massive tyre kickers wanting a 2016 Focus RS, White, 26k miles @ £24,900 car for £18,000 as that's all it's worth and he was doing us the favour...  Worse than Ebay Motors

Ebay Motors -  Got to simply for the price.  You'll sell a few and as a bonus get a laugh out of the messages.  "I'm a cash buyer...", "I've only got x to spend", etc

Radio & SKY TV postcode / area advertising - Good for brand awareness, not so much for direct sales

Papers and Magazines - Good for local sales.  You should be able to get a full page spread for around 50-75 quid per week nowadays.  It's trial and error on what papers work for you, we still use 2 newspapers in and around 3 local boroughs.

Yell, The Loot, Exchange and Mart, Autorola, and the rest aren't worth it as they don't promote their website enough and rely on SEO growth which will take years.  You'll be best to focus on your own SEO marketing if you want to do that.

I think that's what we've used.  It's all trial and error as there is no set rule.  As with any business, what works for some may not work for others.  You'll have to find out what does work for you and what doesn't by monitoring sales and leads.

Hope that helps a little.  

On CG free, and July/August was mental with them. Sold 2 cars through them so far, which isn't bad considering it's free. But the leads have suddenly stopped the past couple of weeks.

We switched from free CG to paid package around 4 months ago and so far so good. Leads are limited but we've had quite a few sales so ROI isn't bad at all, we've had better success with some of our lumpier stock on CG than AT. However, I don't like the dashboard, vehicle pricing check and the amount of info it gives the customer