Whilst you have all been moaning and groaning  about the latest Autotrader price increase we have been filling our boots with selling cars via Facebook.

No I know what you are all going to say " we already DO Facebook" , but DOING Facebook is NOT enough, you have to learn how to master it and the persistently work with it until it starts paying off. Directly marketing customers, right down to age, gender, where they stay, what they like, even which TV programmes they watch.....I know it's crazy, but YOU can use this technology now!

Yes you have to pay to get results, but trust me it's only a fraction of what you are paying advertising on Classified Adverts especially Autotrader.

Now there are two ways to do this, either take the hard lonely path which takes about three years to master (this is what we did) OR take the easier more direct route which will normally take about 3 months to get results!

Let me know if you want any help and I'll point you in the right direction.

As Albert Einstein once said "  Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results "

Jim

Well Jim I agree with you or Albert should I say ... ! Change ! we ALL have to change to the 'new' ways , the old ways no longer work in the same quantity, matter of mixing and getting the most from spending the least ! YOU have definitely cracked it and so, so pleased to see the results you are getting from facebook , WE all have to open our eyes/ minds up to new things, new avenues , not all are going to work but by golly when some of them do work especially at low cost / better ROI it pays dividends ! Well done again and thanks for sharing your secret! :)

Hi Jim,

I would appreciate a few pointers and things you feel work. I have sold a few cars through Facebook and done a few sponsored adverts and that sort of thing.

Any feedback and help will be gladly taken on board.

Thanks,

Rory 

• Like 1

As we have been chatting that's another car sold through Facebook..... Audi S3 15 plate , see it on our page https://www.facebook.com/jimreidvehicles

Seen by 10,005 people resulting in 3017 post clicks, Liked by 219 people, with 46 comments, this advert was set up to run on a targeted audience for 5 days for £15 total, after 2days it has sold to a customer today and as we stopped the advert run, it has cost us just over £5 , and now it's sold!

The buyer said he never knew we were even here, he didn't even like our facebook page! Yet it appeared in his Facebook feed when he was offshore on Tuesday night, he then contacted us via Direct Message, using CAP Valuation anywhere I managed to give him a rough idea of part exchange from my house, appointed for test drive today, #BOOM sold!  

Yet he just bought this S3 for £31,999 and part exchanged a lovely Audi A6 Quattro on a 12 plate!

Now you maybe think this is a fluke, but if that's the case this fluke happened 7 times last month and 9 times the month before!

Facebook sells cars all you have to do is find out how it works and persist, 

Hi Jim,

I would appreciate a few pointers and things you feel work. I have sold a few cars through Facebook and done a few sponsored adverts and that sort of thing.

Any feedback and help will be gladly taken on board.

Thanks,

Rory 

Hi Rory, it's actually more simply than you think! Direct message me and I'll point you in the right direction! 

Well Done Jim, this just shows us all that there is life after ditching AT. After all where would they be without any of our stock for sale on it. 

• Like 1

Totally agree with everything Jim said, been using Facebook as our main stream of advertising since January and its working well.

As an example, I put a 'Just Arrived' list up this morning (listing brief details of 10 cars with no prices) and spent £50 on marketing the post. I've just taken a deposit on one of the 10 cars after clearing the customer on finance with him signing up and driving away on Sunday; all this from one Facebook post and seeing just 2 photos that I emailed him of the car. 

• Like 1

Totally agree with everything Jim said, been using Facebook as our main stream of advertising since January and its working well.

As an example, I put a 'Just Arrived' list up this morning (listing brief details of 10 cars with no prices) and spent £50 on marketing the post. I've just taken a deposit on one of the 10 cars after clearing the customer on finance with him signing up and driving away on Sunday; all this from one Facebook post and seeing just 2 photos that I emailed him of the car. 

Impressive. As has been said, any chance of a link?

I already follow Jim and Umesh and whilst I'm impressed with what they do I have my doubts that it would work with the more bread and butter stock. I mean, would sweeping sexy camera shots and 0-60 in Renault Grand Scenic really cut the mustard?:D

Anyway, I'm going to order FBFTF next this weekend and I might even see if Uncle Jim can spare me a few minutes next week.

• Like 1

Sparky ' There's a family ' on FB Just after your Grand Scenic .. It can work for anything - got to to target family/ kids/ etc ! Good luck .. over to you and some sexy sweeping 7 seater pics !! :)

• Like 1

Impressive. As has been said, any chance of a link?

I already follow Jim and Umesh and whilst I'm impressed with what they do I have my doubts that it would work with the more bread and butter stock. I mean, would sweeping sexy camera shots and 0-60 in Renault Grand Scenic really cut the mustard?:D

Anyway, I'm going to order FBFTF next this weekend and I might even see if Uncle Jim can spare me a few minutes next week.

Sparky, as Umesh has said, instead of those really sexy pictures why not try a short 30 second video, showing the amount of shopping, kids and buggies you can get in the Grand Scenic, honestly it works for everything! Back to basics , safety features v's benefits , who is you core audience, find them then target them!  Family!!!

if you sign up with http://www.fbfortheforecourt.com/ use my personal discount promo code JIMREID1 , but don't tell everyone sssshhhhhhhhhhh

Sparky, happy to talk anytime! 01467 634000

Interesting, might have to message you Jim.

Anytime, just pick up the phone 01467634000

• Like 2