Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

August / 6 weeks holiday trade..

How’s it all going gents? 

15 so far this month with 38 in stock, with some lumpy finance deals. Had a lot of finance declines however, the quality of finance customers are getting worst by the month but so far very happy with how it’s gone. 

Only 10 so far, but some nice deals and a couple of heavy stickers gone, so ticking over. 

Have had the same issue with finance props. Mentioned it a few months ago. Sign of the times I guess?

I’ve not needed to buy for a while luckily, as was holding enough and didn’t feel the inclination. Started to look again last week tentatively and prices seem more reasonable, but we’ll see. 

3 sold all of August, out of a stock of 4-5. Two of those sales were last week.

Left sold cars online though, and now stock is 6 (not huge I know) and it feels like it's gone quiet since Saturday.

Very Quiet.

2 Sold all month. Have our most up sale now at 9 should be closer to 12 by the end of the weekend and then im off on my holidays. Hopefully set ourselves up for a busy September.

Dead here also, brings out the nutters with every reason why they cant buy the car.

2 minutes ago, Dan W said:

Dead here also, brings out the nutters with every reason why they cant buy the car.

We generally do okay with the time wasters but they have been out in force this month determined to waste my time.

2 hours ago, justina3 said:

There is an August thread already running somewhere 

Indeed. But we both know how things work on here these days:rolleyes:

Absolutely dead here - hardly seen a soul this month let alone sold a car! With 17 in stock we're a little low but have some great bits which I think are priced very competitively.. Hoping for an end of month pick up 

35 minutes ago, sparky said:

Indeed. But we both know how things work on here these days:rolleyes:

I only mention it as i avoid those posts at all costs, dont find them mentally productive at all.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RJEauto said:

Absolutely dead here - hardly seen a soul this month let alone sold a car! With 17 in stock we're a little low but have some great bits which I think are priced very competitively.. Hoping for an end of month pick up 

Same here, don't thing this new AutoTrader search is going to help but fingers crossed 

Had one in this morning , Come 50 miles on a £13,795 car .

Loved what he saw, got a 05 knackered BMW 320d sport px  part service history 184,000 miles and well used shall we say regards body work and interior  :o

Wanted £2,000 , silly boy :D

Then offered me £10k  for my car , silly silly boy , He left , why do they come shopping with only 80% of the funds needed , No way on earth I would ever go shopping with not enough money , what a weird hobby , No wonder they no funds as they must spend it driving round the 5 counties looking at what they cant have . 

Another yesterday came on £3,799 little motor in our small car section . Dad says son wants to spend 3k but he will pay me £3,,250 as the car is so clean :lol:

I said well let me explain it this way 

We like £650 profit 

£100 goes to VAT man 

£135 goes on service and MOT 

£100 on adverts 

£75 On valet 

£50 towards Rent 

£20 on Fuel 

£20 on power Electric /water etc 

£25 web site costs 

£100 wages 

= £625 expenses = £50 profit . 

See why my offer is thought out and not a guess like yours :)

He said i was just trying my luck and paid £3,799 .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2