NacMan

Price Low on AutoTrader

1 hour ago, NacMan said:

So you hold stock for more than 2 weeks? ok even 3

are you saying you have all your stock away within 3 weeks on average? most dealers work on 60 days before worrying then 90 days before re - evaluate / disposal, basically expect 3 months in stock.

regards your fiat 500, i found the ad, being constructive don't take offence - it's not the best colour, your exterior pics could be improved, like the interior shots however there appears to be stains on the front drivers seat, the black wheel trims look awful, just saying.

I think if your not careful you will let autotrader run your business for you not the other way round, I have had an interesting conversation with one of their reps this week where by which they said to me that we should look at how i price my cars and I told them that's a topic they are not involved in the discussion.

we all know you can buy crap and price it the cheapest, but we all know you get what you pay for as far as cars are concerned which an advert is properly not going to highlight.

i think autotrader is going to fall out of bed eventually because I think how joe public searches for a car today is evolving and they are slowly getting left behind. My 20 year old sons would not even consider looking on there for a car, my rep has been spouting on to me that I am paying for a premium service but if i Am honest I am not so sure about that these days, but time will tell.

TBF my official days in stock off the Autotrader email 'weekly performance is always sub 30 days so 3 weeks or so isn't out of the question. Last one was 27 days to turn over your forecourt.

9 hours ago, Lazz said:

my rep has been spouting on to me that I am paying for a premium service but if i Am honest I am not so sure about that these days, but time will tell

You are defintely paying for it!

Are you recieving it?

11 hours ago, awc1000 said:

are you saying you have all your stock away within 3 weeks on average? most dealers work on 60 days before worrying then 90 days before re - evaluate / disposal, basically expect 3 months in stock.

regards your fiat 500, i found the ad, being constructive don't take offence - it's not the best colour, your exterior pics could be improved, like the interior shots however there appears to be stains on the front drivers seat, the black wheel trims look awful, just saying.

I love constructive criticism! So what would you say to make the exterior shots better? Also I don't generally stock fiats to be honest however it was cheap!

16 minutes ago, NacMan said:

I love constructive criticism! So what would you say to make the exterior shots better? Also I don't generally stock fiats to be honest however it was cheap!

I bought a mint 500S once, lovely looking thing, which was a good job because I looked at it forever and ever.  Never again.

5 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I bought a mint 500S once, lovely looking thing, which was a good job because I looked at it forever and ever.  Never again.

Lol, I was warned when bidding online.... but it will go as I have a lot I can reduce it by. I think the lounges are the  best sellers other than that aha...

1 minute ago, NacMan said:

Lol, I was warned when bidding online.... but it will go as I have a lot I can reduce it by. I think the lounges are the  best sellers other than that aha...

If you really have to, it needs to be a white lounge spec and cheap, very cheap.  Make sure mileage is low becuase these things are pure crap.

36 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

If you really have to, it needs to be a white lounge spec and cheap, very cheap.  Make sure mileage is low becuase these things are pure crap.

Indeed, but yes a lounge.

6 hours ago, NacMan said:

Indeed, but yes a lounge.

Fiats are slow sellers , but yours is too cheap in my opinion . Your missing the search bracket between £4k to £4.5 k Joe bloggs knows what they are worth and your at the top end of the £3,500 to £4,000 search . Your car is cheaper than the privates . 

Just my opinion 

2 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Fiats are slow sellers , but yours is too cheap in my opinion . Your missing the search bracket between £4k to £4.5 k Joe bloggs knows what they are worth and your at the top end of the £3,500 to £4,000 search . Your car is cheaper than the privates . 

Just my opinion 

Theres two other dealers at 3990, with 22000 miles less than mine, I did have it up for 4250 had nothing on it had a few people ask now.