MarkTVS

Retail and trade values on a van?

Wondering if someone could help me on this, a police car on a blue light call decided to go straight through a roundabout without looking or slowing and hit the side of my dads van, it looks like it will be a total loss as it heavy side damage but I’m trying to work our values for him for insurance.

Reg is K6 PGG

Volkswagen transporter red with 82000 miles, electric windows, 6 speed box etc. Decent condition. 

Can someone please get me cap and retail figures as my system won’t value vans:huh:

thanks

mark

For insurance value I always suggest looking for a similar one on autotrader retail as he is going to need to pay that figure to replace the van well that's it true retail value if he was selling it

Edited by Casper

35 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

Wondering if someone could help me on this, a police car on a blue light call decided to go straight through a roundabout without looking or slowing and hit the side of my dads van, it looks like it will be a total loss as it heavy side damage but I’m trying to work our values for him for insurance.

Reg is K6 PGG

Volkswagen transporter red with 82000 miles, electric windows, 6 speed box etc. Decent condition. 

Can someone please get me cap and retail figures as my system won’t value vans:huh:

thanks

mark

You might want to contact Winn Solicitors in Newcastle who are the top no fault accident claim solicitors.They pay the trade introductory commission.They might arrange for a new Merc Van for your Dad to use in the meantime,check them out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trade vet said:

You might want to contact Winn Solicitors in Newcastle who are the top no fault accident claim solicitors.They pay the trade introductory commission.They might arrange for a new Merc Van for your Dad to use in the meantime,check them out.

I deal with non fault stuff on occasion myself but unfortunately my dad is too straight laced no matter how much I told him it’s completely legit, he wouldn’t let me put his van into storage etc, insisted on keeping on his own drive still insurance company came out etc :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 06/08/2019 at 5:21 PM, Casper said:

For insurance value I always suggest looking for a similar one on autotrader retail as he is going to need to pay that figure to replace the van well that's it true retail value if he was selling it

But dont they look at autotrader private seller price for a privately owned vehicle in any case?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

But dont they look at autotrader private seller price for a privately owned vehicle in any case?

I would think they would consider the cost it would be for a like for like replacement 

I've only every experienced it once with a discovery and argued it would cost x amount to replace was privately owned 

also never expect the first offer they ended up paying about £800 more on the second offer for the discovery . 

Edited by Casper

1 minute ago, Casper said:

I would think they would consider the cost it would be for a like for like replacement 

I've only every experienced it once with a discovery and argued it would cost x amount to replace was privately owned 

also never expect the first offer 

They are quite generous from my past few experiences 

Years ago they were tight!

15 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Years ago they were tight!

It was a few years ago now to be fair .with the discovery .ask one of the local auctions workers to run it though Mark they will have the value system for vans and be able to give you the figures.. hopefully should get you sorted 

Edited by Casper