Sign in to follow this  
metcars

Sold my last diesel

10 hours ago, Tony911 said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/diesel-drivers-now-due-compensation-14991815

Reading this put me off from buying diesel. Where there's a blame there's a claim society is enough

What about when production of diesel cars stops altogether, and the price of used ones go up in value.... can we claim from the customers?

• Like 1

the mirror story - just another crap article poorly written by another consumer rights pap / legal expert (parasite).

shame these goons who write this shite don't have the time to use their media clout to push the authority's to make future motoring costs more transparent to the public, instead they choose to chastise the motor trade / trader.

A trader is responsible to ensure the goods are in full working order and fit for purpose, cant see us ever being responsible for the legality of how to use or the running costs of said goods? as soon as we start quoting negatives based on what "might" happen to running costs in the future we will probably be accused of influencing the buyers decision, cant win.

the article even mentions compensation for future residual value failings, again no mention of the reality that the government are sneaky fookers and have a habit of moving the goalposts, or the punters car was so good that it sold well hence used supply affected its future residual.

18 hours ago, trade vet said:

I think If I lived down their I would be more worried about knife crime,moped robberies and lack of police and possible terrorist attacks rather than clean diesels destroying the planet.

I bet you read the Daily Mail:D

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 3:59 PM, David Horgan said:

cant say we miss clogged up EGR's , turbo's , injectors , DPF's and the rest of the shite that goes wrong with oil burners though

We haven't really been stocking them for 18 months now, they make up 10% of stock at any one time at most. Saved a bloody fortune in prep/repair costs but it's very location specific. We're in an area with lots of stop start traffic, lefty green council, it's rare people commute more than 10 miles...makes no sense to be selling oil burners for us. 

If we we're in a semi rural or commuting town then i'd be the other way round.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grant8064 said:

We haven't really been stocking them for 18 months now, they make up 10% of stock at any one time at most. Saved a bloody fortune in prep/repair costs but it's very location specific. We're in an area with lots of stop start traffic, lefty green council, it's rare people commute more than 10 miles...makes no sense to be selling oil burners for us. 

If we we're in a semi rural or commuting town then i'd be the other way round.

Amen. Same here. Still have a few but only if they come in PX mostly. 

Last 3 months we are still 60% diesel 40% petrol - which surprised me as I thought it would be roughly the other way round...

good step! What did you bought after? I recently faced the problem of choosing a family car. Very long thought about it, because I did not want to make a mistake in the choice.  Found on this website homebusinessmag.com/ article, is quite simple and understandable for each, this is probably the main criteria for deciding to select a car of this class. I think it's mnga will help to make the right choice.

Edited by Gaarg

We sell bundles of diesels In Essex but maybe we are just far enough away from the a406 for it not to affect us. If I was anywhere near London I wouldn’t touch them. Unfortunately petrol Audi and bmw petrols are absolute shite, so we will mainly stick with diesels

19 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

We sell bundles of diesels In Essex but maybe we are just far enough away from the a406 for it not to affect us. If I was anywhere near London I wouldn’t touch them. Unfortunately petrol Audi and bmw petrols are absolute shite, so we will mainly stick with diesels

I'm her in north east london selling cars to people in Commuter towns like chelmsford and basildon that drive into greater london for work. The a406 is just one big industrial estate with a labour market that stretches out past the m25. As far as car buyers are concerned i dont think essex is far enough from greater london to be totally unaffected by the lez/ulez changes. Interesting times ahead?

Yes but on the flip side, half of my customers commute the other way also, so it works both ways I guess! Anyway, we are happy with our diesels and smaller petrol engine cars such as 1.4 Tfsi a1’s

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Yes but on the flip side, half of my customers commute the other way also, so it works both ways I guess! Anyway, we are happy with our diesels and smaller petrol engine cars such as 1.4 Tfsi a1’s

Yeah, that's true of course. Interesting that most of what I sell goes 'out' of London, and to people that are commuting back in.

Last year I sold a car to a girl that commuted to London from Northampton?