Blenheim Car Sales

Help with private plate swap please

I have a trade car that has come to me with a cherished plate,I am obviously not the owner of this car with this plate, Is there any way without registering it to me that i can remove the plate from the car to give it back its age related plate ??

I dont care about keeping the plate if i loose it then i dont mind just want the  age plate on it

Tell me is this is unethical or  wrong in some way but cant i just put it on retention  paying the £80 using the information i hold on the current V5 document, This means the customer who does own it will get the retention certificate and the  new V5 and i at some point will see the registration change to the age related plate i am after

obviously  i would have to tax this vehicle also for this process

again forgive me if this suggestion is wrong and obviously i wont be doing something thats seen as wrong just looking at my options

You could always change the address on the V5 to yours first, then any further docs will land on your door step (including the old and new reg) :ph34r:

i am no administrator as you can tell....................... Mark that would add a new owner ?? surely ?? or do you mean only on the  retention application paperwork so DVLA think its just a house move ??

16 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

You could always change the address on the V5 to yours first, then any further docs will land on your door step (including the old and new reg) :ph34r:

^^ not if dvla have already been informed that the car is in trade.

Why cant you just lose the plate when you sell it. Ask dvla for an age related plate at the same time as registering it to the new keeper?

only reason why i need it of is that i am in Wolverhampton and the  previous owner has a ??03WBA number plate on it,  (West Bromwich Albion WBA) 

car should be on a  60 plate so it looks really old and might  put a few west mids people off from purchase 

just to update

It seems the owner has sent of the top right corner of the V5C thus putting the car "into trade" and this in turn means technically there is no owner for this car currently and without an owner the whole process of things you can do with a private plate come to nothing

just been on a Chat service with the DVLA and no V317 will work no change of address will work there is nothing you can do while this vehicle has no owner, This should normally  have been done prior to it going into trade i guess owner had no sentimental value to this plate and they decided to save the £80 for retention 

Buggar !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Car includes a private plate but is transferable at no cost if  not required,please contact me  if further  derails are required thanks

I am in Wolverhampton and the  private plate is ending WBA this is a  abbreviation for West Bromwich Albion (WBA), A rival football team, I just wanted an aged plate to take away any stigma it may have for a Wolverhampton Football team fan purchasing a WBA football fans car ??

maybe i am overthinking it, I agree i can easily cover costs to pay for there transfer or retention

36 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

I am in Wolverhampton and the  private plate is ending WBA this is a  abbreviation for West Bromwich Albion (WBA), A rival football team, I just wanted an aged plate to take away any stigma it may have for a Wolverhampton Football team fan purchasing a WBA football fans car ??

maybe i am overthinking it, I agree i can easily cover costs to pay for there transfer or retention

Nowadays its best to get the customer part exchanging the car to put it on retention and send you the v5 once they get it back before the yellow slip gets sent away.

You now have to register it in order to remove said plates.

So if it were me, id be using the original reg number to advertise it. Then put it on retention straight away once sold to new customer?

This was auction purchase rather than PX yes you are right ifi t was PX i would have made sure it came to me on age related plate

Car is taxed ( by me and showing as such) so how can the car not be showing an owner by DVLA, my idea was to tax it  it already had MOT and has insurance and then do the plates all online to put it back to age related plate

Cars can be taxed but not have a keeper but after 28 days get marked as such on the DVLA system.

You need to register it as the previous V5 reference won’t work for a transfer and if it did the previous keeper would get the new V5.

Once you get the new V5 back retain the plate and SORN to get a refund of the tax or use the car.

what about changing the address if only to create a new V5c.........................change the address to my address was mentioned previously on here, that means i get the new v5c to my address without registering another owner then then i can use the brand new doc ref numbers of the newly issued  V5c to follow the normal retention processes ???? 

My understanding is once the car has been yellow slipped / transferred to trade, the current owner is effectively removed from the DVLA record so sending in the V5 now for an address change will confuse things.

Maybe just display the original issue number plate on the car for marketing and mention the plate come sale time, you might get a WBA supporter, worst case you retain it once the car is in the new keepers name.

Assuming you know the old registration number, if not a HPI check will tell you, take a punt and get those plates made up and displayed and advertise, its unusual for the old number not to be reused.  When you sell and take deposit explain to your buyer that you will change ownership of car into their name at point of sale (on this occasion it would be helpful for collection to be a week later)  The V5C will then be with the new buyer, they bring this to you when they collect and you can retain the plate then and 'I think' change entitlement to the plate to yourself at that point but don't quote me on that.  Hope this helps. 

Just noticed the above reply which says the same thing in far less words.

Edited by Brunswick