Sign in to follow this  
j4ck100

Where do your leads come from? POLL

Interested to get a general gauge of lead generation methods

For myself currently as trade from home, i'd say it's 99% Autotrader 1% Gumtree

Haven't given the others a proper shot yet, but interested to get the lowdown from those using all or most of them on the lead breakdown

% Wise what's the split for you guys between:

(state those that apply)

Walk In (if have showroom)

Autotrader

Motors

AA

RAC

Ebay

Pistonheads

Facebook

Thanks

Jack

I only use ebay but even that's quiet at the moment, have tried most other things but not with any great success 

• Like 1

Interesting question Jack ! Look forward to seeing the results ! 

throw in your results Umesh!

80% Autotrader

10% Ebay

10% Walk in

Ebay classifieds only or do you ever auction vehicles?

Ebay Classifieds/Motors Pro

TBH it's usually the cheap end i.e. part ex's below a grand, but even if it only sells one 'proper' car every 1-2 months it's still very good value.

Jack , Its a mixed bag to be honest ..

AT brings in most but as we know it costs the most too !

Repeat / recommendations a lot 

local press / newspapers [ Yes I still do these ] -walk ins 

others a few motors, RAC  [ Don't do eBay , Piston heads, AA ]

Facebook/ twitter -[ little but feel there is massive potential ] Anyone interested learning more about FB Adversing and potential check out on twitter @FBForecourt -www.fbfortheforecourt.com  lots to learn 

Think we're ALL Looking at getting more leads/ sales from all avenues which represent value , Different ones work for different stock / areas /prices etc guess thats why we're using different ones to get different results. back to 'one size doest fit all ' 

Will be interesting to see what others post - if they do post :) !

I got my first 100% Facebook enquiry & sale last Saturday and it put a huge smile on my face as basically it was 100% free and self generated.

Edited by See Cars Derby
  • Like 1

70% autotrader

20% ebay

and the rest from facebook, repeat, referrals etc

My leads from eBay seem to be on the up and the reverse with AT. I only used to get nutters on eBay wanting to pay £5000 for an £8000 car or retail money for their px but the quality seems to be better now. I was with pistonheads for a year and only got a handful of leads but they tell me they're getting a lot better hits now and was with gumtree a very short while.

I'm just trying to sign up for Free with RAC, has anybody found a catch? and had a everybody else found it painful to sign up and get their cars loaded with them?

Any other good value recommendations?

70% autotrader

20% ebay

and the rest from facebook, repeat, referrals etc

My leads from eBay seem to be on the up and the reverse with AT. I only used to get nutters on eBay wanting to pay £5000 for an £8000 car or retail money for their px but the quality seems to be better now. I was with pistonheads for a year and only got a handful of leads but they tell me they're getting a lot better hits now and was with gumtree a very short while.

I'm just trying to sign up for Free with RAC, has anybody found a catch? and had a everybody else found it painful to sign up and get their cars loaded with them?

Any other good value recommendations?

There is no catch and to be fair i like the website only trouble is RAC CARS is not known to the general public when searching for cars and so the site traffic is poor. But give it maybe a year or 2 and they may well be a contender.

• Like 1

1. Ebay

2. AA Cars

3. local paper (works well for the old boys) 

4. Own website

5. RAC 

Dont do A.T and binned Motors. 

• Like 1