Sign in to follow this  
umesh

Marketing / PR / Gift

IDEAS - IDEAS - IDEAS Please Team !

Just the initial thoughts and wondered what ideas the team can throw at me ! 
we all get customers of all age brackets and some bring their toddlers in anything from little babies up wards ..

sometimes I feel the kids should also go away with something ..even if the parents don't buy anything ..

something which is obviously a toy? game? etc as a marketing /PR Item ..

what do you think I could use as a give away ?!

Have to take into account safety ? liability et c ! :)

Al ready do Mugs , Caps, T.Shirts , fleece etc that I use selectively to give to customers but somthing for the kids i feel would be a good marketing / PR ... 

Any thoughts ? 

PS - one of the ideas I thought was a little toy car based on my logo 

My first idea was Corgi or Matchbox based car with logo. I sometimes have some of my son's toy cars in my office and other children seem to make a beeline for them. I bought a few mini BMW  toy cars  for him off ebay and ended up giving a few away to children of customers, cost me about £3 each in bulk !!!

Or maybe a car based 'Umesh' branded colouring or sticker book but I imagine the cost would mount up. 

As a father or a 5 and a 2 year old I can promise you Lego would be a hit but the price of it would put me off for something that's given away!

• Like 1

When working for SEAT they delivered a box of goodies for the launch of the Leon Cupra R, customers love a freebie and the chocolate shaped Leon's were well received by kids as well as mums and dads.

Included was some floppy fabric Frisbees, the sort with the heavy weighting around the edge which were great fun on a quite Sunday afternoon until one was thrown with a bit too much force and straight through the back window of an Ibiza!!

• Like 1

most kids love balloons so you could consider your logo added or just give em all a lollipop to  shut em up ;)

I used to have 3 big jars of sweets on my desk, old favorites for the adults and new one's for the kids, when it was time to close the deal I'd invite the customers into the office for a sweet then get the adults to sit down and close the deal. The kids always remembered the nice car salesman who had the sweets and it broke the ice with the adults. Not really a gift umesh but it worked. 

We use the old sweet lollys to keep the kids sweet. Chocolate is a decent idea, but can go off, melt etc

The problem is the cost. if you are giving it away and maybe not getting anything in return it could be costly.

I like the idea of the small Corgi or Matchbox car. Maybe speak to you promottion company and see if you can get some little "Umesh" decals/stickers to put on them

How about a smallish cuddly toy? You can get the little t-shirts printed with your logo on. Don't know if any of you have had one, but i've got a "Go Skippy" car insurance stuffed kangaroo on my desk and the kids/babies love it. Although after reading some reviews on that company i have never promoted them and removed the t-shirt