Sign in to follow this  
James Bush

Autotrader Package letter

I've just received an Autotrader letter informing me all my discounts are coming to an end and after chatting with one of the phone reps my bill is going to increase by nearly a third. The girl said AT were offering no packages, discounts etc and the only way I could save money is by dropping trade-mail.

This chat was late on Friday afternoon and I got the impression I could have been told anything to get me off the phone and I was surprised they were so dismissive of their own product, trade-mail, to suggest I drop it to save money. I'd already planned to drop trade-mail anyway because I think it's dying a slow death.

Has anybody else had a chat with them since their letter? got offered discounts, packages etc?

I don't want to leave AT because it sells me cars but if I can't save a bit of money on what they've suggested I'll have to start looking elsewhere.

I didn't want to be the first to post about this letter. 

The letter states that a pricing structure will be published by mid August. I wasn't even aware that I was on a discounted rate. 

I will wait until this is published then look at downgrading or cancelling completely. 

From memory I had to take an extra product (live chat @ £10 per week) to protect the price of 'Standout listing' and 'Extra Gallery' (cant remember the exact name). 

Seems that protection has ended. Funny how the pricing structure gets published so close to the price increase. 

I have emailed and asked for a copy of there rate card, I never knew AT had such a thing until I received the letter, for the past 5 years so I could see the price increases and what I'm getting for my money - I don't think I'll ever see one!!

It'll be interesting to see what my package involves when I receive it!!

These are the prices posted by Bethany (from the Auto Trader Forum) for a 5 car and 30 car package in April 2015

Presumably they can generate one of these for other quantities?

I know Bethany has contributed on this forum before so perhaps she can put up the correct one for whatever bands you want?

Auto Trader - 30 Cars.jpg

Auto Trader - 5 Cars.jpg

Nearly a year now since we cancelled AT , never looked back, selling as many cars through eBay and local papers which we already had running for years before the cancelation! I really can't understand why people are still being bullied by them and made to feel that there's no life beyond AT!  

Come on people, wake up, get out of the rut and take them blinkers off.....there's a big annual saving to be made!

• Like 1

when you get old like some of us:D who hated local newspapers and their working practises, autotrader came like a breath of fresh air, so, after something like 28 years its really hard to walk away, but im learning that  places like ebay might be the new way forward and im surprised im saying this because im a proper stick in the mudder,,but autotrader really is losing its way because its not a monopoly anymore just like yellow pages was 

• Like 2

Yes, yellow pages is a good example, was a valuable item, as was the exchange & mart, could buy anything through E&M.

Nowadays,not worth a carrot!!!

Oh My,  

I have just discovered that Motors can not only send my feed of cars to Ebay, etc but they can also send it to AUTOTRADER & the best part - ITS FREE OF CHARGE..... Yes unlike Autotrader who charge to send a feed anywhere else, Motors are doing it for FREE....  That is one way to save some money off your Autotrader account costs.  

The power is shifting.... and for once its in the independent dealer's favour....

How much do motors charge per month ? Can you use it to create your own website like autotrader ?

False economy as Motors doesn't work but charged me £160 per month, then wanted nearly £350 so I told them to stick it after zero enquires. Go with RAC cars, its free