A & S

Auto Raperrrr

Has anyone else had an email about a price increase? 

About 15%

Trying AT for a few months, can't see the fuss at the moment. eBay is outperforming it on the sub £4k stuff we sell. AT's answer.... YOU'RE TOO EXPENSIVE. Well clearly not since eBay is shifting it.

Maybe we don't sell them for dirt money but ours are properly prepped. But that counts for nothing clearly. I'll make a thread in a few months with my findings.

As for a price increase... it's expensive enough!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A & S said:

Has anyone else had an email about a price increase? 

About 15%

No. Surely this can't be right

3 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

AT's answer.... YOU'RE TOO EXPENSIVE. Well clearly not since eBay is shifting it.

That's what they told me when I shut my contract down - currently having my best month for 6 months already (2 today, 2 yesterday and enquiries coming out of my ears).

You're too expensive - yes I am, reassuringly so.

Edited by Mark101
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sparky said:

Deja vu this is spooky it’s Almost as if it’s the same time every year and the same thing happens. 

It’s quite simple, if it doesn’t work for you leave, I’m pretty sure if I had a strong monopoly I’d squeeze my customers till they popped, if you disagree then you’re not a businessman 

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

Deja vu this is spooky it’s Almost as if it’s the same time every year and the same thing happens. 

We need to start talking about this more. Get it out in the open. 

8 hours ago, Mark101 said:

That's what they told me when I shut my contract down - currently having my best month for 6 months already (2 today, 2 yesterday and enquiries coming out of my ears).

You're too expensive - yes I am, reassuringly so.

What was the straw that made you stop using AT ? Who are you advertising with now ? I would love to lose that AT bill....

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

What was the straw that made you stop using AT ? Who are you advertising with now ? I would love to lose that AT bill....

You’re with CD5 as well Simon, so.

I moved to their top package which has much better SEO 12 months < 1 month AT

For £25 month, feeds all stock automatically to FB market place

EMP £333 for 10 + 3 (better deal offered if signed for 12 months but this is a 3 Month trial)

I have the remainder of my Shpock deal and obviously Gumtree (neither of which I want)

and AT is still live until Saturday (the end of my 30 day period).

Without doubt, lumpier, miley stock (flash for little cash) sells well on EBay - video integrates now, very good deal IMO.

I hate the new portal, I hate being told, “It’s not a race to the bottom but you need to reduce prices and aim at £600 unit to be successful.” 

Most of all though (I have had a good few quiet months) and that £1,000 + VAT bill for 5+2 cars still keeps coming.

And, I just know this latest HPI bollocks has more to it than they are saying. You’ll be forced into it or lose any dominance.

I went on the premium package (hence the cost) and when I mentioned it to the rep, I had one of two choices - reduce prices (and was told my level of prep and warranty isn’t sustainable) or add even more bells and whistles (yes, more than the top package).

Feels like finally getting away from a bad relationship - huge relief knowing the monster isn’t coming into my bank again.

Caveat, if I do come back to AT it will be a basic 11+2 package only.

Edited by Mark101

I tried the premium package and had the worst month in sales for many years. Complete waste of money.

I had words with my rep yesterday after cancelling vehicle check, it’s just another way to interfere / meddle in our business, plus then have the cheek to charge us for it. 

I’m fed up with being patronised and told how I should run my own business. 

Edited by Arfur Dealy

10 hours ago, sparky said:

Has the queen mum died? 

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I tried the premium package and had the worst month in sales for many years. Complete waste of money.

I had words with my rep yesterday after cancelling vehicle check, it’s just another way to interfere / meddle in our business, plus then have the cheek to charge us for it. 

I’m fed up with being patronised and told how I should run my own business. 

Are you thinking of cancelling AT? Or just cutting it back a bit?

I ask because I’m surprised in a way. I thought it would shift the majority of your stock and you’d be a pretty vocal supporter.

I just think they’re making a rod for their own back with all this price indicator stuff. The reality is they’re driving their customers towards worse cars. My observation aswell has been the customers calling from AT on my stock have been really awkward know it alls.

1 hour ago, Mojo121 said:

Are you thinking of cancelling AT? Or just cutting it back a bit?

I ask because I’m surprised in a way. I thought it would shift the majority of your stock and you’d be a pretty vocal supporter.

I just think they’re making a rod for their own back with all this price indicator stuff. The reality is they’re driving their customers towards worse cars. My observation aswell has been the customers calling from AT on my stock have been really awkward know it alls.

Mojo, I have no intent on cancelling or changing my package, AT works very well for me, I just don't like the way they operate sometimes and I would love to lose their bill....