Sign in to follow this  
TangoVictor32

Who does a courtesy call?

36 minutes ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Well the investment was a reason.

But then we knew it's a lot of work and we can split the work. 

Sorry when i said we had specific i didn't mean we stick to these roles. We do chop and change. So the others know the different parts of the business as well.

This way we can get more days off as well. We were used to 4 on 4 off as an example so we needed a way for time off. 

Obviously we dont do 4 on 4 off or 3 long days on and 4 off. But we have the man power to take time off without loss of income.

We have 70+ stock from £4k to £15k (£20k max)

We try not to buy cars that attracts mainly thugs like GTi's / ST etc as they expect too much for their money and give the car a beating when they come to view it or "test" it as they call it. 

70 plus in stock is a lot of work, so I can see why you need a few hands.  Bad enough here with 30-40 in stock, especially when busy and you need more stock.

Sounds ideal to me if you all get along.  As TV says, it can ruin friendships business, but if you're all 'normal' then good on you.  Hopefully you're all earning and realistic about the ups and downs in the job.  I should think it's quite good fun compared to your earlier careers (although I imagine you had some laughs too and maybe you'll tell us a few stories over time.)

Edited by NOACROSS

1 hour ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Well the investment was a reason.

But then we knew it's a lot of work and we can split the work. 

Sorry when i said we had specific i didn't mean we stick to these roles. We do chop and change. So the others know the different parts of the business as well.

This way we can get more days off as well. We were used to 4 on 4 off as an example so we needed a way for time off. 

Obviously we dont do 4 on 4 off or 3 long days on and 4 off. But we have the man power to take time off without loss of income.

We have 70+ stock from £4k to £15k (£20k max)

We try not to buy cars that attracts mainly thugs like GTi's / ST etc as they expect too much for their money and give the car a beating when they come to view it or "test" it as they call it.

70+ units that's quite an investment for 5 fellas who effectively retired:blink:.

can we have a look at your website / stock? curious as to what you are selling, you mention you don't sell gti's / ST type units - granted they can attract numbskulls but they can also command well over retail prices if they have the right pedigree, i.e profit! cant think of many dealers who pass on them / this.

Edited by awc1000

4 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

70 plus in stock is a lot of work, so I can see why you need a few hands.  Bad enough here with 30-40 in stock, especially when busy and you need more stock.

Sounds ideal to me if you all get along.  As TV says, it can ruin friendships business, but if you're all 'normal' then good on you.  Hopefully you're all earning and realistic about the ups and downs in the job.  I should think it's quite good fun compared to your earlier careers (although I imagine you had some laughs too and maybe you'll tell us a few stories over time.)

Is that 30 to 40 by yourself?

No i fully understand your views. That's why it is generally hard for families to do business unless you're the Trumps of course!

1 hour ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Is that 30 to 40 by yourself?

No i fully understand your views. That's why it is generally hard for families to do business unless you're the Trumps of course!

I have a two part time staff. One Monday-Wednesday and the other does sundays plus takes care of deliveries etc in the week if I ask him. Also one part time Polish cleaner.

Have a mate who is an old hand and is partly involved. Have trained up the valeters and (one of) the workshops to collect and drop back. 

I like to do follow up calls, generally after a week, though I do tend to avoid the customers that have been hard work, it is generally always well received and generates us some good reviews!