2 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

I am worcester - malvern area, i think i know where you are. think you maybe in a unit through someone i know? r....y??

Too criptic for me - nothing to hide mate.  www.imperial-marques.co.uk

Call in if you're passing.

6 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

rodways? sorry if i sound a bit evasive on here, i'm a trade buyer / underwriter for franchise's and supply onto franchise's / retailers, so i cant be as transparent as some of you retailers on here for obvious reasons, but yeh i'll stick my head in yours one day and nick a cup of coffee of you :D

33 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

His name is Angus Nairn - He had me on the M50 at 86mph.

He is a nice guy actually and he did say I was the freindliest person he has ever pulled over.  I couldn't argue, I was bang to rights.

Where are you awc - I'm in Worcester itself, just off J6

I am worcester - malvern area, i think i know where you are. think you maybe in a unit through someone i know? r....y??

6 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

6 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

Gotcha - yes they are my Landlord.

On 10/03/2019 at 6:43 PM, TangoVictor32 said:

Good evening all.

Ex Traffic Inspector here retired after 30 years. 

Lovely forum here you guys have I must say.

This topic on discussion is cut clear: MID.

Motor Insurance Database (the clue to the answer you lot are looking for is in the name)

If a vehicle is NOT on here then it is showing as NOT INSURED and you will be pulled over. You may have insurance that will cover you to drive any vehicle but coppers Dont know this.

The whole issue of trade plates is grey area. For example they could move about and arent clear to read.

Furthermore ANPR cameras are NOT setup to read trade plates. So if there is a roadside check point operation you WILL be pulled in.

And do not listen to your brokers. There job is to make money and tell you whatever sounds easier. They wont defend you if a problem ever arises. 

There are a lot of what ifs:

1) anyone pulled can say they have trade insurance

2) trade plates can be stolen

3) how would you make your insurance claim if a vehicle was vandalised or stolen? Without it being added to the MID your insurer may not accept it is your car and it could be that of a mates (who had no insurance)

I say this because myself and some colleagues have invested in a partnership of vehicle sales 5 years ago and when we renewed our policy at year 1 we was asked "did you not sell any cars last month?"

I asked them what do they mean and they explained in the earlier months we had a lot of stock turn over and in the last month we havent added anything to the MID. They said they usually check as people buy trade insurance as its cheaper to insure their personal cars and dont trade.

Hope this helps.

a lot of insurers are wise to the motor trade scam, and many now ask for proof of trading, bills invoices auction receipts sales invoices etc.

oh, by the way welcome to the forum :D

being ex police, no doubt you tell every punter as it is a great usp, i often think of doing it myself ;)

your comment that trade plates can be stolen should be replaced by trade plates can get lost, some i see on the outside not secured properly, my rear trade plate "holder" was off a plate i found at roadside :D.

best answer is put the plates on the mid, and display them properly, if they cant be displayed correctly take time to think how they  CAN be properly displayed.

don't hide the original plates [ this the latest from dvla] .

i dont beleive trade plates are a grey area at all, only in the eyes of the ill informed :)