Sign in to follow this  
TobiasWalker

Trade Plates

Hi all, 

I hope all is well. Was driving to deliver a car this afternoon and got pulled over by the police due to only displaying a trade plate in the front window. Colleague of mine had put one in the front and one in the back window but I assumed that he must have forgotten to put the back one in and was honest with the police officer. His Sergeant, waddled around the car checking everything out trying to find something else wrong, failed to do so, so told his lap dog to fine me £50 for incorrectly registered vehicle. :angry:

Got to my destination to find the plate on the floor in the boot. 

Anyone had a similar experience? I don't think incorrectly registered vehicle was the right thing to fine me for if anything at all. 

Many thanks 

Tells you on the letter how to display trade plates correctly. In the windows isn't the correct way.

Trying to display them correctly has had plenty of threads about it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, D&M said:

Trying to display them correctly

I've given up trying years ago. 

44 minutes ago, D&M said:

Tells you on the letter how to display trade plates correctly. In the windows isn't the correct way.

Trying to display them correctly has had plenty of threads about it.

Firstly, you haven't answered my question :rolleyes:

Secondly, lost too many displaying them correctly, would rather them in the car with me especially as they're such a nightmare to replace 

46 minutes ago, TobiasWalker said:

Firstly, you haven't answered my question :rolleyes:

Secondly, lost too many displaying them correctly, would rather them in the car with me especially as they're such a nightmare to replace 

he has answered the question  :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

lets just hope for your sake you have heard the last of this because you could lose your plates for not displaying properly and you might get fined for the back tax

the rules are there please dont moan if you are not willing to comply as it gives all us other motor traders a bad name

oh and if you are losing plates then you are doing something wrong 

4 minutes ago, boring dave said:

he has answered the question  :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

lets just hope for your sake you have heard the last of this because you could lose your plates for not displaying properly and you might get fined for the back tax

the rules are there please dont moan if you are not willing to comply as it gives all us other motor traders a bad name

oh and if you are losing plate then you are doing something wrong 

Bloody hell! Boring Dave indeed. Bet you're the life and soul of a party. 

I'm asking if its a fineable offence, if I have been fined correctly and i'm making sure this hand written ticket i've been given hasn't been plucked out of thin air. I'll ring DVLA tomorrow and make sure. 

Let us all pray that I personally haven't had a detrimental effect on the already, high regarded, positive outlook on car dealers! Oh Dave! How I would hate to have you let down! 

Somehow though, as a first time offence I think the DVLA may allow me to keep my plates. SMILE DAVE TWO DAYS TO THE WEEKEND PAL! 

At £50, I wouldn't even blink an eye - it could have been much much worse.

Get yourself some rubber old skool TP hangers (like the main dealers use) and you'll be fine.

in all fairness to the OP the rules around displaying Trade Plates are all to cock, how you display them by the book is crap and unachievable on some cars, the system need overhauling, one minute u have to cover original plates next you cant, but it has always said not to display in windscreen.

19 hours ago, TobiasWalker said:

I'm asking if its a fineable offence, if I have been fined correctly and i'm making sure this hand written ticket i've been given hasn't been plucked out of thin air. I'll ring DVLA tomorrow and make sure. 

no

go to court

i dare you when that bobby has to take a day off his hoildays to give evidence

i would love you to phone dvla compliance up too and say i misused my trade plates and want to complain:lol:

now have a nice day and comply;)

On 3/6/2019 at 6:55 PM, TobiasWalker said:

Bloody hell! Boring Dave indeed. Bet you're the life and soul of a party. 

Let us all pray that I personally haven't had a detrimental effect on the already, high regarded, positive outlook on car dealers! Oh Dave! How I would hate to have you let down! 

Somehow though, as a first time offence I think the DVLA may allow me to keep my plates. SMILE DAVE TWO DAYS TO THE WEEKEND PAL! 

COCK. pay the fine and be pleased thats all thats happened.

"incorrectly registered vehicle" tax has nothing to do with how the car is registered do you have a copy of the ticket they give you to share, or how it is worded, if the fine has been handed out by the police the DVLA will not be able to do anything about it so i wouldnt even waste my time there. 

21 hours ago, MattR said:

COCK. pay the fine and be pleased thats all thats happened.

/\ /\ /\ This, well said !!