ExCouncilJobsworth

Rude email from BCA

Received an email today. I bidded in person so i am a bit surprised.

"Hi

Could not get through on any phone, just want to confirm the purchase from yesterday for the Volkswagen Golf.

If you could let us know when you are paying and collecting, and also provide us with a contact number.

Thank you."

My response as follows:

"My number should be on your system as i have been contacted before. 

I thought BCA only contact when purchases are made online only?

I am on a gold card and will pay and collect within the time frames of the gold account and i suggest you check these before making contact less than 24 hours of the auction ending demanding to know when i will be collecting when it has been less than 24 hours!

Absolutely disgraceful customer service.

Regards"
Edited by ExCouncilJobsworth

ive said it before but will repeat

sometimes in life you have to work out 

do i need them more than they need me

if i was you i would see it was me need them so i would accept the email  and reply i will collect on so and so day thank you for your time kissy kissy  and move on

trust me its for your benefit in the longer term:)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, boring dave said:

if i was you i would see it was me need them so i would accept the email  and reply i will collect on so and so day thank you for your time kissy kissy  and move on

/\ Very wise words!

I didn't think that was rude personally.  In fact, I always find BCA very polite.

Nothing rude with that email, they confirm every purchase, especially for new accounts. 

Maybe your phone was deleted from the system, maybe there was no reception or something like this. 

Emails like this are becoming the norm in the industry and credit control departments are becoming more aggressive. Just received this from HPI (my latest invoice is actually paid early, they are chasing the second to last): 

"Good afternoon Nick

I have been informed by our accounts team that there is an outstanding amount of £135.00 on the account.  To avoid loss of service I would be grateful if you could make contact with our accounts team on 01722 412 888 choosing Option 3, 1 and 1."

2 hours ago, boring dave said:

See with that approach Thats why they have gone the way they have. Because customers pamper them and they think they can do what they want. 

There are plenty of posts on here where bca have been harsh...

I found it rude as she knew my name and decided to not put it in. This same branch try to fob me off before with a key that waz broken and claimed its still 2 keys...

I really think it is extra work for the staff and annoyance for customers when they have to confirm everything...

How many of you guys have actually challenged this?

I ask this because once I had a call from bca to confirm the online purchase. And i asked if i said i didnt bid on it what would you do? He said it will be down to you to prove it. Sorry Nick but the world is not always a nice cushty place (and you shouldn't have outstanding balances!)

In fact yesterday at the rostrum i asked the lady if i forgot my card and gave you my account number is that ok? She said no we would then take you to the cashiers to confirm you are the account holder.

Yet then they confirm it again?

Maybe i am losing my marbles...

With all these big companies,the right hand does not know what the left one is doing.I have just had a run in with HPI,the accounts office did switch us off but the sales people reconnected us.

The older you are,you get more annoyed with small things like me in the cafe at BCA Newcastle a few weeks back.It was my turn for the coffees and for the second time in a few weeks the Olympic shotputter women on the till wants to see my buyers card before she will give me discount.So because I am behind some supermarket buyer who got stuff for free,I start a rant about how long I have been an account holder and how many I must have bought and that I will still be buying after the guy in front’s supermarket has gone bust etc.which meant FA to her.Still had to show my card of course,the penny did not drop that I must have looked a complete dickhead.

here goes then supermarket etiquette

whilst perusing the rump steak why not leave your basket to one side so others can get to the murder dept

if you dont then i will follow you round with my trolley and constantly make it difficult for you to make further purchases,you will be unaware im doing this because you will never get my eye contact but i will be deep into reading how many lentils there are in some packet im holding

no 2

whilst awaiting to join the aisle to have your goods scanned it is good practise that the person in front of you puts the space bar down to differentiate their chosen goods from yours,if you do not do this then trust me i make sure my articles go through with your whilst i am looking the other way or talking to the customer behind me as customer in fronts starts shouting they aren't their articles

so i cant rant like the rest of you but i do it with action rather than words,it can be quite entertaining if you havent bought anything frozen or on a milf hunt:lol:

Edited by boring dave

53 minutes ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Sorry Nick but the world is not always a nice cushty place (and you shouldn't have outstanding balances!)

One day years from now when you've had your own business for a while, when the council is long forgotten (if at all possible) you will find out that THE MOST sensible thing to do is to pay CORPORATIONS as late as possible if this doesn't have financial penalties for you. 

You bid in person at BCA yesterday. Any particular reason you still have an outstanding balance for that Golf today?

Edited by Nick M.K.
  • Like 1

It was probably a cut and paste email. 

Some of the staff at bca are on zero hour contracts on minimum wage. I find it’s better to be nice to those people, however the hierarchy... you can lay into them. 

Edited by Stalker
Spelling mistake

3 minutes ago, Stalker said:

I find it’s better to be nice to those people, however the hierarchy

+1

25 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

One day years from now when you've had your own business for a while, when the council is long forgotten (if at all possible) you will find out that THE MOST sensible thing to do is to pay CORPORATIONS as late as possible if this doesn't have financial penalties for you. 

You bid in person at BCA yesterday. Any particular reason you still have an outstanding balance for that Golf today?

Its not outstanding. I have 3 days to pay.

After 3rd day it becomes outstanding hence you incur charges. 

And Nick for ghe record if everyone raised their concerns believe me you the little people at the desks at BCA will complain to management. Within a moment management will change their policies. 

At the moment you ask them something all they say is "company policy"

Anyone else notice the price increase in fees? Were you all written to informing you of these? No. 

Are they on display at BCA? No. Why? Because its management policy. 

Its utter bollocks but if you dont like something you stand up. Otherwise the other party will think "fcuk em if they dont like it and if they moan they can kick up a fuss and we'll change our policy"

Just like with road tax. You dont receive a reminder anymore. This is why they have direct debit. If you missed your payment its your problem. And if you missed it expect a clamp!

I might be an old council bloke to most of you on gere but trust me i do know my stuff. I have prosecuted many people. At court your always asked did you inform Mr x of a b c and d? What evidence do you have to prove this? 

And Nick again for the record whilst it might be "wise" to pay late as possible in fact your wasting more time...ringing them up... Listening to a xmas jingle for 20 mins to make a payment... If you have a direct debit setup with cash in there... Then you wouldn't need to waste time calling them... Time is money... And a businessman should know this ^_^

11 minutes ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

If you have a direct debit setup with cash in there... Then you wouldn't need to waste time calling them...

Direct debits? Never. 

Paying by phone? Also never. 

I pay everything using online banking when I want to pay it. Usually late but if you ever sell me a trade car I will pay it on the spot. 

5 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Direct debits? Never. 

Paying by phone? Also never. 

I pay everything using online banking when I want to pay it. Usually late but if you ever sell me a trade car I will pay it on the spot. 

Well that's poor business sense if you ask me.

If you have enough in the kitty... Am sure you do... And you dont want an interruption in your service... Then you will pay it... So why not pay when its due?

Just causing more stress for yourself. Its poor management of time. 

Online banking is no different... You will still have to notify the company as how will they know who has made the payment and for which service (on their end).

I rest my case with you Nick. I have seen many posts from you on here and sometimes you just go on to the extent to prove you are right when you're not. You are a try Bulgarian my friend.

Just now, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

You will still have to notify the company as how will they know who has made the payment and for which service (on their end).

As in use the invoice number for reference in the online banking? I told you, you'll learn. Give it time. 

I am often wrong, I know. But if you speak to anyone that actually did business with me they'll never say that.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

As in use the invoice number for reference in the online banking? I told you, you'll learn. Give it time. 

There can still be a delay in your service.

Whilst you can put a reference number in that's fantastic.

The payment system will not automatically link this to your account with service provider and may be manually checked. 

But as stated previously it's a waste of time in the first place. Why would one be concerned over few hundred quid with a hpi company if he really is a big fish. Its beyond my thoughts obviously.

14 minutes ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Why would one be concerned over few hundred quid with a hpi company if he really is a big fish. Its beyond my thoughts obviously.

Being a one-man-band owner-operator I can't answer that. You should find and ask big fish. I am sure that they'd be delighted to speak with you.

6 hours ago, boring dave said:

6 hours ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Received an email today. I bidded in person so i am a bit surprised.

"Hi

Could not get through on any phone, just want to confirm the purchase from yesterday for the Volkswagen Golf.

If you could let us know when you are paying and collecting, and also provide us with a contact number.

Thank you."

My response as follows:

"My number should be on your system as i have been contacted before. 

I thought BCA only contact when purchases are made online only?

I am on a gold card and will pay and collect within the time frames of the gold account and i suggest you check these before making contact less than 24 hours of the auction ending demanding to know when i will be collecting when it has been less than 24 hours!

Absolutely disgraceful customer service.

Regards"

I don’t agree with your reply. What’s wrong with them wanting to know your intent. They are a business and they are managing it effectively. 

Theres nothing rude in their email, they are asking for confirmation from a newbie account. You need to establish trust, not expect it....

I buy pretty much everything online from BCA. 

Its standard practice for them to confirm the sale afterwards, they always take my name (even when they know full well who it is) and confirm payment method, and when we are going to collect it. 

I always like to amuse them and cheer them up, rather than speak to them like dirt. 

Standard email that is they just want a confirmation. They always ring us the next day even though they know who we are and to be honest it's good of them to call or email good customer service, let's say you got a car on provisional and they didn't call or email you what would you do?

Perhaps you should tell them of your grand ambitions to earn £2k a month, that would surely sharpen their attention to the amount of business you'll put their way?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I don’t agree with your reply. What’s wrong with them wanting to know your intent. They are a business and they are managing it effectively. 

Theres nothing rude in their email, they are asking for confirmation from a newbie account. You need to establish trust, not expect it....

Newbie account? Jeez is this forum really full of judgemental folk?

Account is 2 years old. Far from a newbie...

54 minutes ago, Stalker said:

I buy pretty much everything online from BCA. 

Its standard practice for them to confirm the sale afterwards, they always take my name (even when they know full well who it is) and confirm payment method, and when we are going to collect it. 

I always like to amuse them and cheer them up, rather than speak to them like dirt. 

As i said its standard for online.

But had you bothered to see my posts it clearly says i was present at the time of sale and that i have never received calls when in person. 

50 minutes ago, Tony911 said:

Standard email that is they just want a confirmation. They always ring us the next day even though they know who we are and to be honest it's good of them to call or email good customer service, let's say you got a car on provisional and they didn't call or email you what would you do?

I might have been light had i received a call. But for them to drop an email and say there is no number is utter bollocks. 

45 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Perhaps you should tell them of your grand ambitions to earn £2k a month, that would surely sharpen their attention to the amount of business you'll put their way?

Perhaps i live a life off this forum and dont pounce on here every 5 seconds when i cant fart and dont bitch about my customers and curse them like dirt and treat them with respect? 

Perhaps some of you should treat your customers with respect. You need your customers more than BCA. No customers = no business

Doubt most of you are aware that a simple google search links you to straight to your bitchy posts on here... Dont think your customers will appreciate being slagged off at every given moment...

9 minutes ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Newbie account? Jeez is this forum really full of judgemental folk?

How many hundreds of cars have you bought in that period and have you built up a personal relationship with the “purchase team” ? Do the Manheim management team know you personally ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

How many hundreds of cars have you bought in that period and have you built up a personal relationship with the “purchase team” ? Do the Manheim management team know you personally ? 

It is not possible to build a relationship with the purchase team unless you buy from one branch. I don't have specific branches and buy from whichever branch and 95% is all online and rarely go in to bid on the day.