A & S

Fence or Bollards ??

What do you guys have or recommend? 

We have been at our current site since 2002. We are moving to larger premises in the next couple of weeks. At the moment we have an open front with no fence or bollards at the front of our current forecourt, we have buildings all round and access from the front. We have been here 17 years, near the centre of town and across the road from my house and not had any issues here with vandalism or theft (apart from a chancer who tried his luck with the Evoque a few weeks ago). The new premises is on an industrial estate and I would like to either put hoop bollards around the perimeter or a twin wire 8 foot fence with gates for security.

We will be installing CCTV and security lighting. 

What do you have or recommend?  

Gates and then telescopic bollards behind the gates, gates are only as strong as the padlock. We learnt the hard way!

There is no substitute for "Mechanical Security" Strong Concreted in thick steel Posts, very strong hinges and gates, all welded construction, and add even more very very very strong locking mechanisms ..........................

The more "Fort Knoxed Up" you are the more likely the tea-leaf will fuck off somewhere else that is less hassle for him.

Thankfully I don't have that problem since I moved here, no need to lock fuck all up ;) ......................

There is only 1 road outta here to go South and easy to Road Block .............. Our local Cops would love that, a bit more excitement than a few un conscious old drunks collapsed on the side of the road on a Saturday night :D

22 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

a bit more excitement than a few un conscious old drunks collapsed on the side of the road on a Saturday night :D

i thought your wife took you home

1 minute ago, boring dave said:

i thought your wife took you home

:lol::lol:

7 hours ago, A & S said:

What do you guys have or recommend? 

We have been at our current site since 2002. We are moving to larger premises in the next couple of weeks. At the moment we have an open front with no fence or bollards at the front of our current forecourt, we have buildings all round and access from the front. We have been here 17 years, near the centre of town and across the road from my house and not had any issues here with vandalism or theft (apart from a chancer who tried his luck with the Evoque a few weeks ago). The new premises is on an industrial estate and I would like to either put hoop bollards around the perimeter or a twin wire 8 foot fence with gates for security.

We will be installing CCTV and security lighting. 

What do you have or recommend?  

We're currently on a site right in a town center and have been here for 18 odd years.  Up until last year we had 1 car stolen but such is the state of car crime right now it doesn't matter what you do really as we've had 3 stolen since April last year.  2 x Evoques and 1 Disco.  Our CCTV is literally state of the art, tracks people on site, ANPR on entrances and face recognition on the main office entrance.  2 of the thieves were caught broad as daylight on it, identified also but are apparently still on the lose stealing cars according their own facebook accounts.  They are that brazen now they don't even cover their faces...  It doesn't matter what you do really, you can just try to make it as hard as possible.

I'd go for concrete bollards and steering wheel locks on any keyless cars.  Anything to slow them down or deter them entirely.  Good luck with whatever way you go.

I'm dreading our insurance renewal this year.