Sign in to follow this  
Manics

Come on guys, I did buy the magazine...

My record (this time around) was a VW Passat £1900 nett (pre tax) + his swapper for another £700 within 24 hours.

When I talk nett - for the record = Sales price less

Hammer

Tip

Delivery

Paint

Prep

Warranty

Advertising

Time spent on site (pro rata rent)

Fuel

Nett PRE TAX profit on unit

14 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

My record (this time around) was a VW Passat £1900 nett (pre tax) + his swapper for another £700 within 24 hours.

When I talk nett - for the record = Sales price less

Hammer

Tip

Delivery

Paint

Prep

Warranty

Advertising

Time spent on site (pro rata rent)

Fuel

Nett PRE TAX profit on unit

LIKE. 

But you are better off knowing where you stand net to YOU, after youve paid everything. When you know the actual bottom line then know where you stand and can make your money.

Consider this. If you asked an investor to buy into you, they would want proof of your net unit return... it’s what it boils down too...... 

For balance: what about ‘biggest loss’?

Coincidentally, I remember a 4K loss on a Mini Cooper S (plus various 3k losses on German crap over the years inc. Auto multi-tragic gearboxes)

1 minute ago, NOACROSS said:

Coincidentally, I remember a 4K loss on a Mini Cooper S (plus various 3k losses on German crap over the years inc. Auto multi-tragic gearboxes)

Years ago, well over 4k on guess what..... a Range Rover... 

The truth is, I have lost more in one deal than ever made in a deal, luckily though I average a 1/20 loss which is high...

3 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Yes, I go every year, it's an easy day trip for me from Luton (£60ish return with Easyjet). If you have to go to one motorshow it's great. Small enough to see in a single day. 

It's at Palexpo right next to Geneva airport so the logistics are very easy, 10 mins walk. All supercar brands are represented including stuff like Pagani, Bugatti and all the Italian brands. BMW, Merc, Porsche and Audi always have huge stands with all the latest models and you have full access to the cars. So do McLaren. 

With the Italians access is an issue but early evenings when it gets quieter they will let you on the stand (all cars are unlocked and accessible) when you say that you are a UK dealer just there for the day. This year I'll be there on 12th March and possibly the 13th, going with my other half for two days. 

Geneva Motor Show...I never miss it ! I think BHM is the same. ( joke ) I had never heard of Pagani,sounds like a Pizza.However,just had a look at one,I would rather be seen in a 12 year old Micra.

7 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Geneva Motor Show...I never miss it ! I think BHM is the same. ( joke ) I had never heard of Pagani,sounds like a Pizza.However,just had a look at one,I would rather be seen in a 12 year old Micra.

one things for sure

you need more dough for a pagini than you do for a pizza

40 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Biggest loss....back in 2008 financial crisis a lot of our stock had become expensive and could be bought a lot cheaper.So it was either sit and look at it and hope or chop the prices and take a big hit.So I decided to take a hit ,it must have been 6 figures and the stuff got sold.We were able to restock quickly at the right prices.Interestingly our year end figures were not effected that  much.

13 hours ago, trade vet said:

Biggest loss....back in 2008 financial crisis a lot of our stock had become expensive and could be bought a lot cheaper.So it was either sit and look at it and hope or chop the prices and take a big hit.So I decided to take a hit ,it must have been 6 figures and the stuff got sold.We were able to restock quickly at the right prices.Interestingly our year end figures were not effected that  much.

Because you took quick clear headed action. If you had not done so I imagine it could have been an entirely different story.