Sign in to follow this  
Nick M.K.

Locking wheel nut removal set / tool?

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

Yeah, I agree with you ....................

I see they sell spare "Blades" by the bucket load though :o

How often do you have to change them IRL, are they 'use once' or do they last for ages if you're not using them like a Gorilla every day ?

Hi Dave, the kit cost me £100 a long time ago, it’s probably £200 now. The blades can be re used, I get about 3 sets off with one side of the blade. Overtightened ones always need a fresh blade. 

The good thing is with this kit and the mcgard style nuts/bolts are removed without any damage, so if the punter has their key in the kitchen drawer they can be refitted. 

51 minutes ago, peter..o said:

Does that kit do the Pug?citroen 4 pun type nuts,they are the only ones that we struggle with,on the video it says will cover every type of locknut,always a bit dubious about those claims.We use a firm called Evo Automotive for a lot of replacement locking keys,just take a good quality photo and e mail to them and if it was opbne of their designs will send a replacement key in abot 1 or 2 days for about £16.00,very helpfull firm.but we do struggle with those citroen types,you can order the from citroen wiyh chassis no. but is about £70.00!!!

It’s does the pug/Citroen, it damages the nut/bolt and can’t be reused. 

They bring out new blades for new locknuts too. 

Just now, Stalker said:

so if the punter has their key in the kitchen drawer they can be refitted

LOL, not up here they wouldn't cos they'd have gone in my bin as soon as I got 'em off lol !!

Cheers, think I'll buy a set, probably a good way to invoke the law of sod and never need 'em again :lol: