James Baggott

RAC Cars to be bigger than Auto Trader?

Been with RAC for 9 days and had 3 leads in total, 2 wanting viewings (shame its on the same MINI mind!)  So far, so good...  I have high hopes...

Just wanted to drag this one back up and get other's feedback. If you've started using RAC cars, how are you finding it? Also if you haven't signed up to them for free, why not?

For me it's been a total nightmare from start to now with regards to stock loading and advert update issues, using Autohub as my stock upload facility. What are you guys using? 

Not had a lead yet, been on a week. Problem I'm having is I put my stock on autotrader as 'due in' whilst I'm waiting for it to be delivered and upload a picture and company logo to say the same, this then goes to RAC Cars.

However when I upload my 20 pics to AT, they don't ever seem to follow through and update on RAC cars.

Well it's been a month or so and as far as RAC Car leads go and it's been quiet, very quiet. 

Apart from the fact it's free, has anybody got any positive news as far as RAC Cars is concerned?

I've also been with them around a month and have only had a couple of enquiries. It would be interesting if they could release some stats to us much like the other online advertises do so we can see what there customer is interested in - is a RAC cars buyer a C2 VTS person or a Volvo V70 - I do believe that different websites attract different customers.

I did have one customer turned up and wanted RAC finance and an RAC warranty, I tired to explain I didn't offer any of these but they could go to RAC direct they wasn't interested and started to question my connections to the RAC which I explained were minimal.

I just wonder if the RAC are getting the right message across? I had a good search though there website the other day and there's £150 scrappers, cars without MOT's, cars advertised price as a finance payment etc all advertised which goes totally against how RAC cars are trying to promote themselves.

Interesting thread.

I am on RAC cars and have so far had 1 phone call since sending my advertising there via my feed. I feed out to all advertising platforms from my Click Dealer website.

Motors brings in a few leads for me but probably accounts for around 3-5 sales per month ( total sales average for past 3 Months 40+ cars per month)

A touch off topic but AutoTrader really wind me up with continuously telling me how many people are now viewing on tablets, smart phones etc yet when you look at your response tracker you simply cannot break it down to show where your views are coming from.

My A/T rep is absolutely useless and is one of the most unprofessional individuals I have had the misfortune of coming across. Arrange visit and does not show up. No calls, emails or anything.  2 Years ago I took out the most basic package of 8 cars. I am now holding up to 30 cars. Within 12 Months I will be at 50 cars. Same story no sense of being a valued customer just treated with the usual contempt. 

• Like 1

Hi RS Car Sales,

Thanks for sharing.

Firstly I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your Account Manager, I'm keen to find out the background and who this is so I can look into this for you and make sure this doesn't happen again. As I am unable to locate your details at this stage, could you please contact me on bethany@autotrader.co.uk. 

I'd also like to discuss your idea around breaking down your response further. 

Many thanks

Bethany
Auto Trader

Now I'm not an Autotrader Dealer Bethany but you seem to be doing quite a bit of fire fighting! Does this mean in general dealers are NOT HAPPY with what they are being charged and what value they are getting for their money given the level of customer service etc?

Bethany as well you know I have been advertising with Autotrader for 30 years now, the company in its present form is despised by me and most of its customers due to its underhand way of treating its loyal customers. Dealing with Motors is like a breath of fresh air.