Sign in to follow this  
andymc1973

Can anyone recommend a Mini breaker?

Hi all, the car's a 2007 Cooper S and I'm after the o/s/r fog reflector and surround, the usual breakers are struggling, all help appreciated 

insp-0001-1891308-1565033-1007_zpsu0uvjd

Looks like it is all there to me. The top half is wedged into in front of the light and under the bumper

Main dealers will be best option wont be that much. Breakers will usually sell as part of the bumper and wont remove it if bumper is not broken. 

My first port of call for everything (non service related) is the main agents.  Often cheaper, always quicker and always fit as supposed to.

• Like 1

always warm these parts up a bit with a heat gun,much better than buying a trim bit only to break it when fitting it............dammmmmmmmmmm

22 hours ago, Mark101 said:

My first port of call for everything (non service related) is the main agents.  Often cheaper, always quicker and always fit as supposed to.

19 hours ago, boring dave said:

always warm these parts up a bit with a heat gun,much better than buying a trim bit only to break it when fitting it............dammmmmmmmmmm

Sage advice as ever, you'd be surprised how many "good used" Mercedes parts I see on EBay that are twice the price of Main Dealer ;)

Case in point, the plastic Boot Loading Trim in my S Class was scuffed a bit and had a small crack from Suit Cases, Boxes of Drugs, Dead Bodies etc being loaded, £50 on EBay with scratches and a chip, £37.80 from MB including a bag of 10 2 piece Plastic Clips for it ;) 

On 08/02/2019 at 3:19 PM, andymc1973 said:

Hi all, the car's a 2007 Cooper S and I'm after the o/s/r fog reflector and surround, the usual breakers are struggling, all help appreciated 

insp-0001-1891308-1565033-1007_zpsu0uvjd

Hi Andy, there's a place in Scunthorpe which are a decent bunch, BMS direct. Worth a call or email if dealers are too pricey.

On 2/8/2019 at 3:44 PM, twerp said:

Looks like it is all there to me. The top half is wedged into in front of the light and under the bumper

You can lead a horse to water! ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stalker said:

You can lead a horse to water! ;)

LOL, that's my favourite saying when guys with a Mercedes want to cheap out :lol: