NITM

Just sales or anything else..

Always important to smell the roses.

10 years ago a local business was selling off their two forcourts. I had a choice of the two and elected to buy where I'm at now for the reason that ultimately you'd get more houses on it. Another dealer bought the other. I more or less stuck to cars and the other bloke got into campers. He's made a fortune, an absolute fortune and could probably buy me out with cash. Meanwhile I'm still messing about with EMLs plus a few other bits and bobs and during the day looking like Steptoe.

I'm on my jollys tomorrow, when I get back sadly he'd have passed away after being struck down all of a sudden by you know what.

Small the roses chaps, smell the roses.

12 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

TV, stop being a doomer...  :)

AD I am not,I am a realist,if you knew these guys and I do and I have had first hand experience of their mentality at work.They are so dim.....I am not one for past glories in this job but I have probably had more than most on here.However,I do prefer discussing the problems and the remedies, maybe I should change my tag to Victor Mildrew.

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

AD I am not,I am a realist,if you knew these guys and I do and I have had first hand experience of their mentality at work.They are so dim.....I am not one for past glories in this job but I have probably had more than most on here.However,I do prefer discussing the problems and the remedies, maybe I should change my tag to Victor Mildrew.

hi tv

i can tell that all these guys on here have never been in the interview room of the IR

because if they had they would know that during the interview (s) not only do they go through everything including how much you spend on your lunch to where did you go on holiday but everything is recorded

when you go in there they have everything already sorted so if you lie they know

i got tugged because a local business man was jealous and reported me,i had nothing to declare but can assure everyone it is NOT  a nice experiance

so please respect tv here he truly was trying to advise you guys n girls

32 minutes ago, boring dave said:

hi tv

i can tell that all these guys on here have never been in the interview room of the IR

because if they had they would know that during the interview (s) not only do they go through everything including how much you spend on your lunch to where did you go on holiday but everything is recorded

when you go in there they have everything already sorted so if you lie they know

i got tugged because a local business man was jealous and reported me,i had nothing to declare but can assure everyone it is NOT  a nice experiance

Thank you Dave

I am pleased there is someone else on here who knows what it is like.

1 minute ago, trade vet said:

Thank you Dave

I am pleased there is someone else on here who knows what it is like.

Well they do say misery loves company 

1 hour ago, boring dave said:

Wrong

8 hours ago, boring dave said:

No one is disrespecting TV, Ian has my highest respect and he knows that. 

10 hours ago, boring dave said:

hi tv

I have been there twice won one lost one, but hmrc where still decent to work with, the second case was handled by another county's office as my good lady was involved in preparing the records so conflict of interest raised its head which is fair enough., we still laugh about it the case i won was the one i done the records for the one we lost was her doing ! hay ho

What a lot of people do not see is the mind blowing amount of cases where its clear as polished glass that HMRC has been defrauded. 

50 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I have been there twice won one lost one, but hmrc where still decent to work with, the second case was handled by another county's office as my good lady was involved in preparing the records so conflict of interest raised its head which is fair enough., we still laugh about it the case i won was the one i done the records for the one we lost was her doing ! hay ho

What a lot of people do not see is the mind blowing amount of cases where its clear as polished glass that HMRC has been defrauded. 

OK Justin,what was it and how long did it last for.I am on about when it should be clear as polished glass to them that your record keeping is accurate and above board,you employ a credible chartered accountant and yet they plough on and on.

10 hours ago, EPV said:

Well they do say misery loves company 

You quoted that before,you may need to get a check up James....

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

OK Justin,what was it and how long did it last for.I am on about when it should be clear as polished glass to them that your record keeping is accurate and above board,you employ a credible chartered accountant and yet they plough on and on.

You quoted that before,you may need to get a check up James....

We all tend to repeat the same old tired thing at times don’t we...

18 minutes ago, EPV said:

We all tend to repeat the same old tired thing at times don’t we...

Ha, brilliant!!

15 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Knowing that after 14 years of working like mad, 12 hour days, 7 days in most weeks I can do this: Even more priceless.

Good on you Nick. I have started to take a couple of holidays and days off whilst still working 7 days when I am here. If you put in the graft to take a business off the ground then you should be able to enjoy time when you need it. I have done far to many 7-8pm viewings with timewasters and trips home from auction getting back at 2 or 3am and being back in work for 8 am the next day not to now have a bit of time for myself.