Grantlfc81

For those who dont touch german cars.......

I know some of you would be losing sleep if you held all this type of stock lol

www.villagecarsessex.co.uk

We are absolutely stocked up to the max now of our german only bmw/merc/audi stock profile....  We are outselling most in our area so lets see how we go... however we have totally removed mini from our site.... they are too risky even for us.

This is my goal this year to have stock like this! All looking very clean and tidy there! 

My only concern would be the diesel BMWs with the ticking time bomb timing chain at the back of the engine. I know the smaller petrol engines can suffer from the same problem if they're not serviced properly 

2 minutes ago, Mikey360 said:

This is my goal this year to have stock like this! All looking very clean and tidy there! 

My only concern would be the diesel BMWs with the ticking time bomb timing chain at the back of the engine. I know the smaller petrol engines can suffer from the same problem if they're not serviced properly 

Hi Mate, we buy alot privately so we test drive alot of them first. If youre going to get a stinker just get it repaired and take your medicine. we have only had a couple go bad out of say 40

1 minute ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Hi Mate, we buy alot privately so we test drive alot of them first. If youre going to get a stinker just get it repaired and take your medicine. we have only had a couple go bad out of say 40

Very lucky, it's just such a pain with the N47 engines with the chain at the wrong end! They always seem like such good sellers but I've always stayed away, maybe time to change my tune!

Just now, Mikey360 said:

Very lucky, it's just such a pain with the N47 engines with the chain at the wrong end! They always seem like such good sellers but I've always stayed away, maybe time to change my tune!

if we sell 10 at 15k profit, and one needs doing.... its not that much of a problem for us.

I remember when you used to take your photos outside a few months ago, looked much better. 

1 minute ago, Nick M.K. said:

I remember when you used to take your photos outside a few months ago, looked much better. 

We are getting new signage inside and also a new resin floor as the current floor looks dreadful. after only 2 months! new flooring is high gloss so lets hope that does the job!

31 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Exactly this. 

Just buy and sell popular cars and take it on the chin when you have to pay a big bill. 

Just now, EPV said:

Exactly this. 

Just buy and sell popular cars and take it on the chin when you have to pay a big bill. 

at the end of the day you could buy less desirable "safer" option cars, but they sit around and could still go wrong.

18 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

We are getting new signage inside and also a new resin floor as the current floor looks dreadful. after only 2 months! new flooring is high gloss so lets hope that does the job!

I was going to put a resin floor down but I didn’t bother in the end. It just gets fucked so easily. 

I’m all about the fake grass now!

https://www.elitepreownedvehicles.co.uk/used-bmw-3-series-bromley-london-1897332

47 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

We are absolutely stocked up to the max now of our german only bmw/merc/audi stock profile....  We are outselling most in our area so lets see how we go... however we have totally removed mini from our site.... they are too risky even for us.

Not as brave as this https://www.villagecarsessex.co.uk/single-car.php?ID=262

1 minute ago, Grantlfc81 said:

at the end of the day you could buy less desirable "safer" option cars, but they sit around and could still go wrong.

I’m yet to hear about a car marques or engine that doesn’t go wrong. Each to their own. My stock profile is very similar to yours. 

1 hour ago, EPV said:

I was going to put a resin floor down but I didn’t bother in the end. It just gets fucked so easily. 

I’m all about the fake grass now!

https://www.elitepreownedvehicles.co.uk/used-bmw-3-series-bromley-london-1897332

That looks amazing! I love taking my pics in the summer on grass but it ends in disaster trying to do it this time of year!

2 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

If it works for you then its all good! I've had my fair share of 2.0 TDI and N42 shite but find a car that doesn't have issues. German cars do get more interest  but they also get more issues I've found, my mechanics hate them. 

My mechanics hate Ford diesel & any Vauxhall, I hate japanese & korean part prices so it’s mostly german cars for me too. 

I love them. I really do. I don’t lose my sleep over them at all. 

My gut feel is that it’s all about history? Regular oil changes count for a lot.

9 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

My mechanics hate Ford diesel & any Vauxhall, I hate japanese & korean part prices so it’s mostly german cars for me too. 

I hate all Vauxhall shit, slightly more acceptant of Ford but I do like German stuff and I too sell a few and accept the risks.

I don’t hang on to anything German for long. French, Brit, Korean on the other hand - Hallmark Cards do better out of them than me.

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

If it works for you then its all good! I've had my fair share of 2.0 TDI and N42 shite but find a car that doesn't have issues. German cars do get more interest  but they also get more issues I've found, my mechanics hate them. 

I’m with you Tom (did I mention that? ;o) as are all the mechanics I use. The German stuff is better if it’s newer and well maintained. Even better if still under manufacturer’s warranty. Dreadful product at age. I shiver when they come in PX  

Anyway-if we all liked the same things, it’d be a dull world!

(Same dread with Vauxhall’s)

2 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

German doesn’t scare me, high mileage German has always been my bread and butter....

btw I like your website on the iPhone, it’s simple just like mine, the cars are immediately in view... simply scroll down to find the one you want. Websites where you have to search for the car I find really annoying... 

26 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Amen. 

Sell what you like I say. 

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

German doesn’t scare me, high mileage German has always been my bread and butter....

btw I like your website on the iPhone, it’s simple just like mine, the cars are immediately in view... simply scroll down to find the one you want. Websites where you have to search for the car I find really annoying... 

Thanks, I designed and coded it all myself. I used to run a web design company and sold cars for 2 years for Dagenham motors and toomeys in Essex for 2 years about 15 years ago so it all goes hand in hand.  Audi bmw and merc sells very very well in Essex, we are really focusing on cars that are 6-10 years old and 60k-115k miles. We love diesel on the bigger cars. This seems to be the sweet spot to get the phone ringing.

customers like the fact we have 4-6 1 series in at any time as they come down and look at all of them.  I’m aiming to get to the stage where we have 3 of each of all the popular models.

its amazing how many people come down for a 320d Msport and drive off in an A4 2.0 tdi sline

we try and stay away from all SE and lesser specification models as they get hardly any attention 

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Could not agree more Simon - I find some sites too complex to navigate and I’m not too bad with computers - my dad on the other hand.......

Edited by Mark101

17 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Could not agree more Simon - I find some sites to complex to navigate and I’m not too bad with computers - my dad on the other hand.......

Pop up here pop up there, finance finance finance., no detailed description, nothing personal, nothing from the heart, nothing trustworthy.... just BS worthless annoyingness :0