Sign in to follow this  
Nick M.K.

Shall I remove "Black Edition" to appear in more AT searches?

I have an overage Audi Avant S-Line "Black Edition" which should've been sold by now but it's still here. AT Great price, same price from the start with minor adjustments only.

If you do an AT search and specify "S-Line" in the Model Variant it does not appear in it at all! 

You have to specifically select "Black Edition" to find it and I think some people just don't. Is it a good idea to manually edit (downgrade) the car model so it appears in the main S-Line search list??

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201809120428008

If you do I would add Black Edition into your subtitle where you have the finance contribution part. I don’t see you having too much to lose that way, apart from those specifically looking for Black Edition. The way you’re planning just makes it a nice ‘bonus’ against standard S Line.

17 minutes ago, Mojo121 said:

I don’t see you having too much to lose

Maybe my GREAT price indicator will go out the window when I do that. Will try and report back.

So yes, if I downgrade the Variant to just "S-Line" the Retail price goes down from £13400 to just under £12K and my price marker gets lost. 

Last couple of A4 avant s lines I have had in stock sat for a while before they sold. Similar age and miles to yours. 

I don’t think they are as desirable as they once were. I think Nav is a must also. 

50 minutes ago, James01 said:

I don’t think they are as desirable as they once were.

I've had a fair amount of interest in it, two customers were not accepted for finance, I had agreed a deal with a couple three weeks after we got it in stock and when they came to collect it they saw a C Class Estate I had just bought the day before and wanted it instead for the same price as the Audi (£1K more than I would ask for it after full prep), two other people wanted too much for their part exes so there was a fair bit of activity around it. 

I am not very keen on reducing it further as I don't think it will make huge difference. 

Do you have any spare adverts within Autotraders offer?

Find a similar vehicle online or from previous stock and “borrow “ the reg. See which gets the most hits.

1 hour ago, David Ayers said:

Find a similar vehicle online or from previous stock and “borrow “ the reg. See which gets the most hits.

Do you mean publish a completely identical advert using a different reg for a normal S-Line? This is a neat idea which I should've thought of. With both adverts running it will get my car in all searches anyway and I still get to have a Great price marker against one of them. The only hurdle is the recent AT check for advert mileage against last MOT mileage. I need a donor reg of a very similar or at least lower mileage car so it doesn't flag a discrepancy. 

MA62GZX but we don't want a twin. We just want an S-Line Avant which is NOT a Black Ed.

Can only find 2 s-lines  in white and both have higher miles.

SV62UOP is your twin done 46025 @£13000 could use that reg and your pics and change the spec in your portal to S line? 

Edited by David Ayers

Thanks, done, will measure the advert response for 48 hours and will report back.

If the other advert gets a lot higher response this "double stock" idea could be a great way  to use the AT double stock offer in the winter months. 

I am sure the Black Editions don't get in as many searches because they are not included in the main S-Line search. Such a shameful AT algorithm that works against the higher spec more sought-after variant.

Why not add the ability to search for S-Line first, then narrow it down to Black Ed???

Black editions are not worth any more than s lines I have found. Maybe £200 more.  I’ve sold a few and this is what I have found.

4 hours ago, David Ayers said:

Do you have any spare adverts within Autotraders offer?

Degree with honours from Shark School i see..........................  have to remember that one

17 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

Degree with honours from Shark School i see

I disagree, nothing "Shark" about this... the same physical car advertised once more at the expense of a spare ad slot. The car is available and as described, the price is the same and real, the mileage is accurate and hopefully more consumers will be able to find it this time. 

Nick, I think anyone looking for a S Line will already know the Black Edition spec would need to be searched for seperately. Some cars just sit around.... bit like all of mine at the mo  :ph34r:

58 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I disagree, nothing "Shark" about this... the same physical car advertised once more at the expense of a spare ad slot. The car is available and as described, the price is the same and real, the mileage is accurate and hopefully more consumers will be able to find it this time. 

Sorry Nick...................  my poor attempt at humour, You are right nothing in slightest wrong with this very imaginative is a better description

Nick how did you get on with this? I have a very similar car coming into stock so would be Aintreting to find out if you had more hits in the S Line category.

I also have a 3 series Sport Plus coupe in stock with no great viewing figures. May give that a go under the M Sport model.

Thanks

Approx 50 advert views per day on the listing under Black Edition (with marker Great Price)

30 views per day for the other listing that just says S-Line (no marker but would be Above Market). 

2 emails in several days, both for the S-Line listing. Go figure. 

57 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Approx 50 advert views per day on the listing under Black Edition (with marker Great Price)

30 views per day for the other listing that just says S-Line (no marker but would be Above Market). 

2 emails in several days, both for the S-Line listing. Go figure. 

I think people know S Line more than they do Black edition Nick although it gets less looks it get more serious looks because its an S Line and so you get the searches who are targeting S Line , Black edition lookers are car advert wanderers .

Maybe , who knows , I've played at this game and still astonishes me when one search gets results and one doesn't 

Hope it sells Pal . 

18 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Hope it sells Pal . 

I love having it around. If it sells it will break my heart.