DBCARS

Buying Advice on Stock Under 5 Grand

Some of this disgusts me :(

Yet another reason I moved away.

I have 8 Customer / Sales Car Parking Bays and 5 for Personal Vehicles, all within my own land.

Very few folks need to Park on street where we are, and there is certainly no one spineless enough to vandalise someones Vehicle ....................

Then again, no one is arrogant enough to block someones entrance way to their property either.

It is the person parking the Vehicle that needs sorting out, not the Vehicle !!

But fact is if you are parked on a road with no Parking Restrictions, the house owner does not own the bloody road !!

If he want's an unobstructed view out of his windows he should buy a house away from the Rat Race, with it's own driveway etc etc.

How many on here proclaim in other posts that they tax and park their cars in quiet streets, same shit different day

2 hours ago, tradex said:

Broken bit of spark plug ceramic flicked up per chance:lol:

.....in the shape of a hammer.

4 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Then again, no one is arrogant enough to block someones entrance way to their property either.

But fact is if you are parked on a road with no Parking Restrictions, the house owner does not own the bloody road !!

If he want's an unobstructed view out of his windows he should buy a house away from the Rat Race, with it's own driveway etc etc.

I actually agree with you but the ‘offender’ chose to park right up against my window on the path with the front of the car half blocking my front door. I’m a believer in face to face discussion but when that fails I don’t mess about.

Anyway I sold up & now have my own little plot with plenty of space & parking so I no longer have to educate cheeky bastards.

45 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Some of this disgusts me :(

Yet another reason I moved away.

I have 8 Customer / Sales Car Parking Bays and 5 for Personal Vehicles, all within my own land.

Very few folks need to Park on street where we are, and there is certainly no one spineless enough to vandalise someones Vehicle ....................

How many on here proclaim in other posts that they tax and park their cars in quiet streets, same shit different day

It's an unusal road which on one side has lovely big 3 storey victorian houses all the way along, with no parking.  Unwritten rule is that each house has one space outside and the other(s) park elsewhere.  There was irritating neighbour who had 4 + a camper (which lived outside our house for two years) and they would parking one behind the other, pissing everyone off (since moved).

Our side of the road all have big drives, I can fit 8-10 on the drive, so never have an issue parking wise.  It was a selfish twat who lived in one of the posh new houses parking half on the kerb outside someone elses house (not mine).

40 minutes ago, BHM said:

Anyway I sold up & now have my own little plot with plenty of space & parking so I no longer have to educate cheeky bastards

Nice isn't it when you become almost self sufficient ................ Not having to deal with twats like that, we have 5 Acres now, so I have plenty of room, even if i want to expand.

The Loch is at the Rear, so we keep that as Garden Beach etc, all my Parking and business activities, Workshop etc is on the Main Road side at the front of the House, with a small front Garden in front, it works for us ;)

I would have thought that there would have been a way to get that guy nicked for parking on a footpath, I'm no grass, but if he was that much of a c*nt I'd have pushed and pushed the Cops or Council to issue tickets !!

39 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

I would have thought that there would have been a way to get that guy nicked for parking on a footpath, I'm no grass, but if he was that much of a c*nt I'd have pushed and pushed the Cops or Council to issue tickets !!

To be honest, I had to chuckle (espcially because of the type of van) becuase the guy's house he parked outside is a bit of a cock.

When we lived in Swanscombe Kent, that was always crowded for Parking in the road we lived in.

I "moved" a twin wheel Transit 'Pike Up" truck once, blocking my dropped kerb, this guy was a Pikey type, I'd asked him nicely a couple of times not to block the dropped kerb, then after a few weeks it had got to the "fuck off out of it" stage :angry:

Few weeks later there it was again, I think he was shagging a local wifey during the day.

Anyway I rocked up in my Discovery one lunch time, couldn't get in, 10 mins of knocking on doors and hooting hooter, no one came out. I noticed the Steering was on a slight lock, so I put a rope on the Towing eye, hooked it to the Disco, and pulled it out into the middle of the road, so it was completely blocking the road.

Un hooked it, drove around the block, coming in from the other end of the road and parked in my drive :D

About an hour later along comes plod knocking on doors, "No officer", with big sarcastic grin, "I know nothing, it's not my vehicle" ........... same at a few other houses. Next comes plods Recovery Wagon and  winches it onto the back of their lorry, and as he's strapping it down there is a helluva hulabaloo, yelling and shouting going on outside.

I go out to watch and have a laugh :D .............

The pikey has returned, swearing and getting all aggy, he gets nicked and cuffed, carted off :lol:

Transhit truck gets towed, my drive never got blocked again.

No damage done to Vehicle, but the guy got what he deserved :lol: 

Probably cost him more than the old Tranny was worth to get it back. After all of this, the next time I saw it it was parked at the other end of our road and wasn't blocking anyone :)

5 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

When we lived in Swanscombe Kent, that was always crowded for Parking in the road we lived in.

I "moved" a twin wheel Transit 'Pike Up" truck once, blocking my dropped kerb, this guy was a Pikey type, I'd asked him nicely a couple of times not to block the dropped kerb, then after a few weeks it had got to the "fuck off out of it" stage :angry:

Few weeks later there it was again, I think he was shagging a local wifey during the day.

Anyway I rocked up in my Discovery one lunch time, couldn't get in, 10 mins of knocking on doors and hooting hooter, no one came out. I noticed the Steering was on a slight lock, so I put a rope on the Towing eye, hooked it to the Disco, and pulled it out into the middle of the road, so it was completely blocking the road.

Un hooked it, drove around the block, coming in from the other end of the road and parked in my drive :D

About an hour later along comes plod knocking on doors, "No officer", with big sarcastic grin, "I know nothing, it's not my vehicle" ........... same at a few other houses. Next comes plods Recovery Wagon and  winches it onto the back of their lorry, and as he's strapping it down there is a helluva hulabaloo, yelling and shouting going on outside.

I go out to watch and have a laugh :D .............

The pikey has returned, swearing and getting all aggy, he gets nicked and cuffed, carted off :lol:

Transhit truck gets towed, my drive never got blocked again.

No damage done to Vehicle, but the guy got what he deserved :lol: 

Probably cost him more than the old Tranny was worth to get it back. After all of this, the next time I saw it it was parked at the other end of our road and wasn't blocking anyone :)

That's just made my day :D I wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face as they towed it away and took him too 

So I brought 2 retail ready five door hatchbacks back in today, they are 2016/65 plate, both just over 35k with main dealer history, £2000 a piece.   

Any ideas what they are?

3 minutes ago, Contracts said:

So I brought 2 retail ready five door hatchbacks back in today, they are 2016/65 plate, both just over 35k with main dealer history, £2000 a piece.   

Any ideas what they are?

Dacia’s

Got it in one, Sandero “Access” no less.  I forgot they don’t even have radios and you need to put the key in the door to unlock them.

Pity the nurses who have had to drive around in them, luckily for them they have just renewed into Seat Ibiza’s

208s seem decent buys for me recently

not as cheap as above but can get 14plates in £3-3.5k region and they are stylish little cars imo with good spec 

14 hours ago, David Horgan said:

That's just made my day :D I wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face as they towed it away and took him too 

I couldn't either ..................

I was leaning on my garden wall smoking a Hamlet and laughing my tits off :lol:

The Cops knew fine well I had moved it, so did pikey, but I was a real wild bear back in them days, and "known" to the Cops, they knew there was no point asking me any more questions :D

Even the local Pikeys knew not to fockwit me after the odd "run in" with them from years gone by.

I actually got on quite well with the "Elders amongst them", they were quite useful back in the day in the motor trade for hard to get Auto Gearbox Units, Engines, Interiors etc ....................

AFAIK I'm sure they got them quite legally of course ;) 

Ahhhhh, the "Good ole' Days again ;)