Sign in to follow this  
Blenheim Car Sales

How long does FCA registration take ??

Hi There, Early December made my application, I know some of you guys have become registered, The web site says  6months upto, This cant be true in the real world surely thats worst of the worst case scenario, 

What was your own experience about time scale, Keen to start selling finance

4 weeks to 12 weeks seems to be the norm that I've heard of .

6 Months is the worst case , depends if they have all the info correct on the application .

Watch out for a rouge call too asking about Finance , that's the way they check sometimes , good plan is to completely deny ALL finance enquiries till you get your number .

I had a call and 20 mins later the number came via email , they were testing my integrity 

We had ours all sorted through a close finance rep, he helped us with the full process and it took 4 weeks to sort.

Just had something back from them and forgive my stupid question i am but a simple car sales man, It  is updated to today 3rd of jan and its got Status "complete" 

These .gog.uk forms are not easiest to navigate, Does this mean i am Accepted ????  i was hoping for  accepted rather than Complete ??

Yes accepted, few e-mails from them after seeing it on there website, Again though many many pages of officialdom its not clear your accepted

Edited by Blenheim Car Sales

41 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

Just had something back from them and forgive my stupid question i am but a simple car sales man, It  is updated to today 3rd of jan and its got Status "complete" 

These .gog.uk forms are not easiest to navigate, Does this mean i am Accepted ????  i was hoping for  accepted rather than Complete ??

Yes accepted, few e-mails from them after seeing it on there website, Again though many many pages of officialdom its not clear your accepted

Don't think that's the accepted bit , its now in the hands of your FCA adviser who will complete , not far away at this point . 

You will receive a FIRM Number when they send acceptance 

close motor finance is my preferred option, not going to set any records if they do take my  business on board but i understand from some on here that they are acceptable to small volumes from smaller outlets, 2018 i never mentioned finance unless they did and I recon i was asked to arrange finance 15 times, I hope to be  doing a fair amount area work in west mids is not really wealthy and cars i have are  £4000-£8000 so hopefully i can get a decent  pen

I also applied in early december, still waiting. good tip re the mystery shop...

Just checked the register.........................  i am on it....................   i think that means i am approved

3rd December mine application started

FCA  just  sent me an e-mail titled   You can now access and manage your FCA fees account online

There are  fee`s just for being a memeber it reads like i have to make regular payments because they are asking for me to complete a direct debit ??? is this right ?? i never knew i had to pay something ongoing