ExCouncilJobsworth

Removing speed limiter

Got a Ford Transit Connect ex royal mail by the looks of it.

It is the 1.8d has slow acceleration for engine size and speed is limited to 70mph.

I believe it has a limiter It's not in limp mode nor there's any fault codes coming up.

How can i have the limiter removed? 

Cheers

Auto electrician

The limiter will not reduce acceleration, only limit top speed.

If it feels noticeably slow (acceleration), I would investigate that before anything else.

No, they are sloooooow anyway. The first time I drove one I thought it was knackered. And I’m not joking.

8 hours ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Got a Ford Transit Connect ex royal mail by the looks of it.

It is the 1.8d has slow acceleration for engine size and speed is limited to 70mph.

I believe it has a limiter It's not in limp mode nor there's any fault codes coming up.

How can i have the limiter removed? 

Cheers

Does it feel like it hits a wall at 70mph?

If it is then it will be speed limited, this is done via a ford IDS computer and is simple enough for an experienced IDS operator.

3 hours ago, Stalker said:

Does it feel like it hits a wall at 70mph?

If it is then it will be speed limited, this is done via a ford IDS computer and is simple enough for an experienced IDS operator.

Yes grrr

I have seen it touch 80 once a while but that could be going downhill plus wind force

top speed of this van for lawful purposes is 70 mph on a motorway only 

its speed limited because its a tractor engine that has a propensity to explode why would you want it to go faster than its done its whole life and probably has bore lips anyway

4 hours ago, boring dave said:

top speed of this van for lawful purposes is 70 mph on a motorway only 

its speed limited because its a tractor engine that has a propensity to explode why would you want it to go faster than its done its whole life and probably has bore lips anyway

He's going to take it to the 'ring':D

• Like 1

I had to get one done on a full size Transit once, I took it to the local friendly Ford dealership as none of my regular workshops could do it. I think they charged me £50

15 hours ago, Autolink100 said:

I had to get one done on a full size Transit once, I took it to the local friendly Ford dealership as none of my regular workshops could do it. I think they charged me £50

Did it imrpove acceleration?

Am thinking my limiter is effecting acceleration. Dont get me wrong its excellent on fuel

9 hours ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Did it imrpove acceleration?

Am thinking my limiter is effecting acceleration. Dont get me wrong its excellent on fuel

If it’s an older lower powered version I’m telling you they are as slow as f*** :lol:

6 hours ago, BHM said:

If it’s an older lower powered version I’m telling you they are as slow as f*** :lol:

Lol

I am disappointed in how slow it is unloaded... Imagine with load ^_^

Gosh a 1.6 Berlingo is like a 150bhp nippy Astra :lol:

Yep, feels the the turbo has gone a.w.o.l. :lol:

Tbh you soon get used to it.

Been into Ford today

They told me this particular model / spec were produced as fuel efficient hence there is a speed limiter as well as a acceleration limiter...and it cannot be removed

<_<

3 hours ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

Been into Ford today

They told me this particular model / spec were produced as fuel efficient hence there is a speed limiter as well as a acceleration limiter...and it cannot be removed

<_<

thats like saying theres nothing after outerspace:lol:

2 hours ago, boring dave said:

thats like saying theres nothing after outerspace:lol:

Lol!

Am going to ring another ford garage up. It will be a different story. I pushed this one today and they were insisting beyond universe nothing can be done

Although she did ask me if i owned the van...i said am trade... So i dont know if they dont want joe public speeding around causing pollution?

Edited by ExCouncilJobsworth