Sign in to follow this  
metcars

A friend in need...?

So.......... I'll save you from the boring back story, but are E90 325i BMW water pumps made from chocolate? Not done 90k and the third pump sounds like it's failing?

:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, met said:

So.......... I'll save you from the boring back story, but are E90 325i BMW water pumps made from chocolate? Not done 90k and the third pump sounds like it's failing?

:rolleyes:

Electric or mechanical water pump on your model?

Just now, Stalker said:

Electric or mechanical water pump on your model?

Electric. The latest pump has been in about 18 months. Cooling fan has started running more than usual which was an early symptom of the last pump failing. Coolant is circulating?

Where are you getting the pumps from? When we have had to put them on previously they have usually put EML on dash.

Its not on for the air con or a bad coolant temp sensor is it? Thermostat?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stalker said:

Where are you getting the pumps from? When we have had to put them on previously they have usually put EML on dash.

Its not on for the air con or a bad coolant temp sensor is it? Thermostat?

I'm having to diagnose from a distance. I'll check this out in the morning. Many thanks

• Like 1

TBH Water Pumps are one of the (nowadays) many parts that I use OEM or even OE.

Too many "Factor" parts now made of Chinesium, by Chiyaneeeeeeeesies in Chiyanar :(

So you think, German Engineering, "Lifetime Guarantee", I'll buy me a Meyle Pump they are a reasonable price ..........................

"Made In China" ..................... Sure, they'll give you another when it goes wrong, cost them about $5 to produce, what they won't do is pay you the half a day labour, the coolant etc etc :(

Fuckin world is overrun by the shit they are churning out, and half of it don't even work outta the box, then there's all the Emails fucing around trying to get a refund, nah, sorry, OE or OEM on most stuff these days for me, a whole lot easier in the long run ;) 

Yes of course I buy Factor parts for older Cars, but I'm very choosy now, and it's often a decision made by "how long it will take to fit ?" and "what are the implications when it surely falls apart ?"

3 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

TBH Water Pumps are one of the (nowadays) many parts that I use OEM or even OE.

Too many "Factor" parts now made of Chinesium, by Chiyaneeeeeeeesies in Chiyanar :(

So you think, German Engineering, "Lifetime Guarantee", I'll buy me a Meyle Pump they are a reasonable price ..........................

"Made In China" ..................... Sure, they'll give you another when it goes wrong, cost them about $5 to produce, what they won't do is pay you the half a day labour, the coolant etc etc :(

Fuckin world is overrun by the shit they are churning out, and half of it don't even work outta the box, then there's all the Emails fucing around trying to get a refund, nah, sorry, OE or OEM on most stuff these days for me, a whole lot easier in the long run ;) 

Yes of course I buy Factor parts for older Cars, but I'm very choosy now, and it's often a decision made by "how long it will take to fit ?" and "what are the implications when it surely falls apart ?"

dont forget to pressure test it once all fitted:D

• Like 1

ECP used to be reasonable quality back in the day, but now price is king and quality has steadily declined. Whenever i'm in my local branch there's always someone rucking about a return!

13 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

as the great arthur daley once said =

"a friend in need.............................is a pest ! ":lol:

:D:D:D