CPM

Rejected

At the end of the day regardless of the fact that mini engines are chocolate and the private billy is a skint member he bought a car off a “professional”  (the judge would say because he does not understand cars.... we know it’s cus he can’t get Chucky to buy cheap off back street bob) if a fault occurred in 30 days only an unprofessional dealer would wriggle.... I would have got It back and inspected as soon as a complaint was made then if report said it was faulty it would have been fixed, we are meant to be the professionals here not ones who hide from our obligations, if I paid an electrician to do a job and it wasn’t right I would expect him to make it right cus I don’t understand electrics I wouldn’t be wanting to contribute when I had paid top dollar a month before... We all like a good profit but sometimes we get shit and we need to move on,,,, unless of course billy is taking the piss. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

At the end of the day regardless of the fact that mini engines are chocolate and the private billy is a skint member he bought a car off a “professional”  (the judge would say because he does not understand cars.... we know it’s cus he can’t get Chucky to buy cheap off back street bob) if a fault occurred in 30 days only an unprofessional dealer would wriggle.... I would have got It back and inspected as soon as a complaint was made then if report said it was faulty it would have been fixed, we are meant to be the professionals here not ones who hide from our obligations, if I paid an electrician to do a job and it wasn’t right I would expect him to make it right cus I don’t understand electrics I wouldn’t be wanting to contribute when I had paid top dollar a month before... We all like a good profit but sometimes we get shit and we need to move on,,,, unless of course billy is taking the piss. 

Very well said :) 

My experience with Advantage when they had a screamer/knocker was terrible.

They were really unprofessional,  demanding we buy the car the customer backed to them . No faults with the car , engineers reports riddled with inconsistencies. Advantage threatened to sell car at auction and pursue me for loss , then banged on about my obligations under CRA15 . Pointed out that this was a business to business sale , they owned it and if they bottled it and rolled over (unlike Zuto , who , to be fair told him to do one after he got sweary with them on the phone) they have to take responsibility for it. In the end , to play the helpful dealer I bid them a grand behind book , bought it and sold it again two weeks later . 

1 minute ago, Anglo9 said:

My experience with Advantage when they had a screamer/knocker was terrible.

They were really unprofessional,  demanding we buy the car the customer backed to them . No faults with the car , engineers reports riddled with inconsistencies. Advantage threatened to sell car at auction and pursue me for loss , then banged on about my obligations under CRA15 . Pointed out that this was a business to business sale , they owned it and if they bottled it and rolled over (unlike Zuto , who , to be fair told him to do one after he got sweary with them on the phone) they have to take responsibility for it. In the end , to play the helpful dealer I bid them a grand behind book , bought it and sold it again two weeks later . 

Thanks for sharing that. I haven’t spoken to them directly and jigsaw have been dealing with it who I’ve been really pleased with. The complaints manager know exactly what’s she’s on about and is not taking any shit. As soon as the customer gave them shit they couldn’t be bothered and started the rejection cry. I’m still damanding the car back for proper diagnostics 

1 hour ago, whitestone679231 said:

I completely agree and I have dealt with complaints before and had no issues. This customer is not a normal. I’ll give you a run down, 1) calls following week saying when they start the car some water dribbles from exhaust and then stops. 2) call on week 2, there’s some black smoke when you “red line it” from idle (yes that’s soot, it’s direct injection) 3) week 2 still, “oh just to let you know the turbo pipe was loose so I tightened it and now it’s split, can you send us a new one?” 4) still week 2, “cars not running right, been diagnosed as cracked turbo housing, it’s £500 can you pay for it” I call the “garage” and no faults were diagnosed. The list goes on and it’s madness! Was with a different customer on test drive and missed a call from the customer in question. Because I couldn’t answer they continued to call me another 10 times f ing this and that. Never known anything like it 

1 hour ago, whitestone679231 said:

At the end of the day regardless of the fact that mini engines are chocolate and the private billy is a skint member he bought a car off a “professional”  (the judge would say because he does not understand cars

The customer bought the car from the finance company and the finance company are liable for its faults.

The finance company bought the car from the OP in a business-to-business transaction which is not subject to CRA. 

If this case goes to court under CRA it will likely get thrown out. 

If the finance company wishes they can take the OP to court under contract law. This is extremely unlikely though but they will certainly refuse to work with that dealer again. 

Easiest thing: refund the finance company BUT attempt to negotiate a refund reduction, ask for the vehicle back, sell it for parts and move on. 

Second easiest thing: Call the finance company and tell them you don't wish to entertain their claim in this business to business transaction. 

i always write out the pros and cons in situations like this

do you need the finance house more than they need you

i always think of clint eastwood when i go through this analogy as he smokes a big cigar

i wont buy minis as i think they are shit they are just british leyland with a new frock

34 minutes ago, boring dave said:

i always write out the pros and cons in situations like this

do you need the finance house more than they need you

i always think of clint eastwood when i go through this analogy as he smokes a big cigar

i wont buy minis as i think they are shit they are just british leyland with a new frock

Clint Eastwood etc.....When we first started we had an open pitch with a ramshackle office.We had this huge poster of Clint Eastwood on the wall from ‘The Good Bad and the Ugly’ with sales manager printed on it.We used to tell the punters if they had any problems Clint would deal with it.They loved that,but in those days punters rarely came back......true story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tradex said:

•  

B2B actually have very similar rights but allow for written concensual contracts that can exclude some of them. As we know this is not the case with CRA2105, nothing can be excluded at all, even if 'agreed' in writing, it would be an unfair contract. 

So fit for purpose, as described etc still applies. 

I think I’ll speak to lawgistics as the contract does say the car must still comply with CRA