Sign in to follow this  
trade vet

Never mind the punters......

........what about the traders.We have now opened our car buying pitch with the idea of buying/nicking stuff at the door and trading them on cheap.Last night our guy nicked for £1500, an 08 T/Auris 1.6 T Spirit,55k,2 owners,fsh,new mot,just needs a machine polish.It would be cheap retailing for £2950.This morning at the local BCA I saw traders bidding big money for similar stuff and not as good.I had a word with one or two and mentioned we wanted profit on £1500.What do I get,bad sellers,wrong colour,no luck with Toyotas etc.One guy later did have a look and studied the service history,could not fault it and then bid £1650 ( £1750 would have bought it) but would not improve.I am thinking this might not be a good idea after all.

Haven't been able to buy anything from BCA Newcastle for a while, payed top dollar for a 525d (manual and no leather, yuk) today but only because I was buying for a friend (who was with me)

If you get any big, miley barges or anything interesting (don't do run of the mill stuff) we'd be happy to have them off you, and I think we both may know a man who'll have MX5's off you.

Why not build up a database of potential buyers of stuff you get then contact them with stock when you get it, put me on the list first please.

40 minutes ago, Frazbomb said:

Haven't been able to buy anything from BCA Newcastle for a while, payed top dollar for a 525d (manual and no leather, yuk) today but only because I was buying for a friend (who was with me)

If you get any big, miley barges or anything interesting (don't do run of the mill stuff) we'd be happy to have them off you, and I think we both may know a man who'll have MX5's off you.

Hi 

You can  get in touch with our guy Arthur 0191 2763737 he will keep you posted.When our website goes live we think it should be OK.I was only at BCA briefly today.I am Ian on 07836 799822,give me a call anytime.

44 minutes ago, Row said:

Why not build up a database of potential buyers of stuff you get then contact them with stock when you get it, put me on the list first please.

Thank you,that is the plan when we get up and running properly to email photos with good descriptions and our cost price.Get in touch,see previous post.

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

........what about the traders.We have now opened our car buying pitch with the idea of buying/nicking stuff at the door and trading them on cheap.Last night our guy nicked for £1500, an 08 T/Auris 1.6 T Spirit,55k,2 owners,fsh,new mot,just needs a machine polish.It would be cheap retailing for £2950.This morning at the local BCA I saw traders bidding big money for similar stuff and not as good.I had a word with one or two and mentioned we wanted profit on £1500.What do I get,bad sellers,wrong colour,no luck with Toyotas etc.One guy later did have a look and studied the service history,could not fault it and then bid £1650 ( £1750 would have bought it) but would not improve.I am thinking this might not be a good idea after all.

TV, retail it yourself, why trade flip it when there's a real profit in it.......

traders are worse than punters, they bid me on scrap part ex's and moan about drop links etc 

18 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

TV, retail it yourself, why trade flip it when there's a real profit in it.......

Your right,If it is not gone tomorrow we will,we are just trying to get this trading idea going.We have bought a dozen ‘ untradables ‘in from BCA to retail to get a bit of stock to start off with until our website goes live and we can buy more stuff from the public.

11 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

traders are worse than punters, they bid me on scrap part ex's and moan about drop links etc 

We finally got out of an RS4 we had in stock for almost a year. Trader from down south bought it. Knocked them £1500 just to see it gone. Proper garage all sorts in stock with probably 80/100 cars.

Rang back asking if there was anything I can do as when prepping it he needed to replace something.......

The most insulting offers I get are not from the Bradford 3am ebayers, it is most certainly traders.

1 minute ago, Rory RSC said:

Rang back asking if there was anything I can do as when prepping it he needed to replace something....

"Of course I can SIR, I can name you in the CarDealer forum..."

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Row said:

And me. Anything powered by a french unit will do me nicely.

Amazing isn't it, put the Auris through on a Tuesday with a Bristol Street sticker on it and suddenly it's worth 2k.

29 minutes ago, sparky said:

Amazing isn't it, put the Auris through on a Tuesday with a Bristol Street sticker on it and suddenly it's worth 2k.

ha ha

i used to do that years ago:D