MAP

Buying from Holdcroft on Dealer Auction

I’ve seen a fair few posts slating some dealers selling knackers on Dealer Auction. I thought I’d post something a little more positive.

I’ve bought a few from Holdcroft Group in Stoke On Trent, through DA, and have to say the service I’ve received has been excellent (And the cars to!).

Steve Walker is the manager there, and seems a very straight chap. Cars and paperwork are always available,  no messing, no waiting, descriptions are spot on, even over described sometimes. 

Hopefully there are a few more decent dealers out there to?

1 hour ago, Stalker said:

What is your role at Holdcroft Group? :lol:

MD ! Lol :)

I am sure there are quite a few more decent ones out there but would you share ?

I work at a main dealer ( Family owned garage )  but put most of our trade cars on dealer auction, think we sold about 120 now and not had one issue, have heard some of the guys who come to collect the cars tell us horror stories about other places.

Packed up with dealer auction , fed of wasting our time , get there and i swear its a different car 80% of the time .

Haven't done a deal with them for ages , Sytner auction too is same , 

Even had one that was described as  Scratched , Dented ,Painted on rear bumper badly . EML light on , two tyres less the 3mm , one key , and only two services at 50 k .

The car was NOT scratched  , not dented , had no paint , eml light not on , all tyres excellent , two keys , full seat history with cam belt too . Fishy Fishy as we got it £900 under book for a Cupra R .Just wanted a wash and hoover , Thinking tagged for someone at a price , inside job wink wink or am i getting cynical , 

9 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Even had one that was described as  Scratched , Dented ,Painted on rear bumper badly . EML light on , two tyres less the 3mm , one key , and only two services at 50 k .

The car was NOT scratched  , not dented , had no paint , eml light not on , all tyres excellent , two keys , full seat history with cam belt too . Fishy Fishy as we got it £900 under book for a Cupra R .Just wanted a wash and hoover , Thinking tagged for someone at a price , inside job wink wink or am i getting cynical , 

To be fair that could be anyone of 2 out of 5 BCA cars

11 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Packed up with dealer auction , fed of wasting our time , get there and i swear its a different car 80% of the time .

Haven't done a deal with them for ages , Sytner auction too is same , 

Just made me smile David !! you old cynic :) ! 

1 hour ago, twerp said:

To be fair that could be anyone of 2 out of 5 BCA cars

Been there with BCA too , last one of the day , eml light on when started but not on the report . Bought the thing anyway on last bid . Cam sensor unplugged when we got it in the car park . mmmmmmmmm 

1 hour ago, umesh said:

Just made me smile David !! you old cynic :) ! 

Hey less of the OLD :) Umesh " old as you feel they say :) mmmm be about right then "old" :)