Sign in to follow this  
Mark101

Apply For V5C

Hi Guys

I have just collected at Skoda Yeti 2013 with 3,000 miles (yes 3k) 1 owner unused for last 18 months.

Elderly couple who have given up driving.  Can’t find their log book.

Obviously the value in this car is the 1 owner 3k miles.  Can I apply for a logbook and put the car straight into trade (I.e no additional keeper) or do I do as I have started and apply in their name and ask them to notify me when it arrives?  Trouble is, they can’t even remember which one of their names it was registered in when new.

Cheers All

Edited by Mark101

Easy mark , just ask the couple to call DVLA to say they can't remember ever seeing the V5! 

DVLA will post a new one out immediately as it's still in their name - you collect from the customer, quick and easy - Done this a few times and its worked for me. 

Umesh 

• Like 2

Thank you Umesh

I will try that if they haven’t found it by Monday.

I don’t relish explaining that to these almost 90 year olds mind.

Worth a shot I suppose so thanks again

50 minutes ago, umesh said:

Easy mark , just ask the couple to call DVLA to say they can't remember ever seeing the V5! 

Mark, call the DVLA yourself, they will ask your name and address, pretend a little, give the name of the gentleman and their address. Then in 3 days pop over and tell them you arranged with the DVLA to send out a direct replacement! It's free and solved your problem in under 5 minutes. 

1 hour ago, umesh said:

DVLA will post a new one out immediately as it's still in their name - you collect from the customer, quick and easy - Done this a few times and its worked for me. 

Umesh 

thanks Umesh duly noted for future

2 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Mark, call the DVLA yourself, they will ask your name and address, pretend a little, give the name of the gentleman and their address. Then in 3 days pop over and tell them you arranged with the DVLA to send out a direct replacement! It's free and solved your problem in under 5 minutes. 

If the flies are anywhere, they certainly ain’t on the Bulgarian. 

8 minutes ago, EPV said:

they certainly ain’t on the Bulgarian. 

If ever someone has a Bulgarian name on a logbook (the ones that all sound like tennis players) and need to call the DVLA using a geographically appropriate accent I am offering my services, free of charge :lol: 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

If ever someone has a Bulgarian name on a logbook (the ones that all sound like tennis players) and need to call the DVLA using a geographically appropriate accent I am offering my services, free of charge :lol: 

I can do Scouse, Birmingham and Scottish accents too:lol:

24 minutes ago, met said:

I would pay to hear your '90yr old bulgarian voice!' Ha!

the DVLA are EXTREMELY politically correct. No one will ever ask you "Are you really 90 because you don't sound old enough". On a sadder note, us Bulgarians don't live up to that age. 

2 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

I can do Scouse, Birmingham and Scottish accents too

That might be useful Rory. Especially when you get calls "About that car you sold me..." 

On 05/10/2018 at 6:33 PM, Nick M.K. said:

I have done a half way thingy.

Filled in V62 and got customer to sign but with a change of address to mine (save bothering the old dear again, or chasing her, or hoping she doesn't bin it as she has already lost my cheque).

All things being equal, I should receive the new V5 still in customers name but delivered to my address, then I will simply place the car in trade.  I even used a postal order (first time ever), to avoid my details being on the cheque further muddying the waters.

Fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I have done a half way thingy.

Filled in V62 and got customer to sign but with a change of address to mine (save bothering the old dear again, or chasing her, or hoping she doesn't bin it as she has already lost my cheque).

All things being equal, I should receive the new V5 still in customers name but delivered to my address, then I will simply place the car in trade.  I even used a postal order (first time ever), to avoid my details being on the cheque further muddying the waters.

Fingers crossed.

Just read this and see you used the phrase muddy waters and i just used the same words in another thread not having read this

ive never won anything in my life so please go buy a lottery ticket and i will pay you the £1 towards it when we win

ps what is this postal order thing one speaks of:lol: