Sign in to follow this  
Pip

Bca Paddock Wood

Anyone know how the chap is who was involved in the accident at bca today. 

My best wishes and hope your on the mend soon 

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

What happened?

I wasn’t there but an auction buyer i’ve started using said someone lost control of a car and it pinned an unfortunate bystander up against a fence. Broke his leg so they say. 

Similar thing happened at measham a couple of years back, bca driver put an auto into reverse instead of drive and floored it, trapped two blokes between him and the car behind.

Edited by Lakeside

3 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

I’m hearing it’s worse than a broken leg, possibly losing a leg

Bollocks ain’t it. Out buying stock and your life is changed forever. 

A mate of mine was standing right next to the poor guy and is proper traumatised over it. He can barely talk about it. Apparently it was horrific and the poor guy did indeed lose a leg,very nearly both!:(. I would normally have been there myself but decided to give it a miss today, I'm glad I did

Seen the state of some of the drivers at these auction centres, they're hardly "mensa" candidates are they. 

5 minutes ago, Autolink100 said:

A mate of mine was standing right next to the poor guy and is proper traumatised over it. He can barely talk about it. Apparently it was horrific and the poor guy did indeed lose a leg,very nearly both!:(. I would normally have been there myself but decided to give it a miss today, I'm glad I did

That's awful 

5 minutes ago, Dealer said:

Seen the state of some of the drivers at these auction centres, they're hardly "mensa" candidates are they. 

See what emerges mate but it could well be a trader. Plastic or otherwise. 

It was one of the agency drivers apparently. It happened at the top of the ramp if anyone is familiar with the place.

so reading this i am indeed best staying at work with my bib and undercrackers bidding on my 4 screens

10 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

I’m hearing it’s worse than a broken leg, possibly losing a leg

Jesus. How sad. Thoughts are with those involved.

So sad :( , here's hoping to as quick and full recovery as possible. As someone who has been at PW week in week out for years now I really feel for all involved, it's just so busy over there now, volume has increased massively, and staff numbers have never been so low it seems, also a high turnover of staff, I really hope the driver wasn't feeling under undue pressure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pmpants said:

So sad :( , here's hoping to as quick and full recovery as possible. As someone who has been at PW week in week out for years now I really feel for all involved, it's just so busy over there now, volume has increased massively, and staff numbers have never been so low it seems, also a high turnover of staff, I really hope the driver wasn't feeling under undue pressure. 

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Fewer staff having to work harder and under pressure. But, I don't think it will be long before auctions become online only. Physical auctions are becoming less attractive to auction houses for 'many' reasons. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, tradex said:

Just been chatting with a vet' dealer mate of mine over a coffee who was arms length away from this, and we both know the guy involved from this accident and it was simply horrific to say the least. He was in tears...enough said.

I'm wondering if we ought to cut this thread short guys, HnS, police etc involved and a life changing injuries for the guy involved?

Maybe another thread on safety at auctions in general?

+1

2 hours ago, tradex said:

Just been chatting with a vet' dealer mate of mine over a coffee who was arms length away from this, and we both know the guy involved from this accident and it was simply horrific to say the least. He was in tears...enough said.

I'm wondering if we ought to cut this thread short guys, HnS, police etc involved and a life changing injuries for the guy involved?

Maybe another thread on safety at auctions in general?

+1 thoughts with the chap & all affected