Sign in to follow this  
Area 51

More trade in vehicles for Indies?

I get a newsletter daily off these guys, this caught my eye; I'd say it'll result in more trade in vehicles and they cant retail all the second hand motors - can they?

Certainly explain why the supply of good stock is drying up some months

I don't know who you're getting the information from, but India has a very busy car market. Many people buy there using the web .. I recently bought a new Hyundai i20  in few days... The same with parts,  Hyundai genuine parts to buy quite quickly and easily.

Edited by Gaarg

One of the more bizarre threads I've seen on here. I can see exactly whats happened but curiously, nothing has actually happened.

• Like 1

G aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggg!!

2 hours ago, BHM said:

G aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggg!!

Ick Zak Early :lol: :lol: :lol:

On 02/10/2018 at 7:23 PM, Area 51 said:

I get a newsletter daily off these guys, this caught my eye; I'd say it'll result in more trade in vehicles and they cant retail all the second hand motors - can they?

Certainly explain why the supply of good stock is drying up some months

????????? :mellow: Just me then ? 

I don't get this thread or am due to be taken away :unsure:

Seeing it more down here in the South as a couple of large groups now have second tier outlets for PX cars with Hendy group opening a couple of big supermarket style outlets recently

Haven’t they all at some point had a bash at knocking out p/xs?

They find they struggle selling when they try wiping £1500 across a dogshit 10 year old hatchback & they also get a wake up call at the true state of p/xs if their MOT tester isn’t on-side and the Workshop rapes the Sales Dept. 

2 hours ago, Area 51 said:

Oooops looks like I forgot to insert the link I referred too, trawling back through the inbox, this is what I got the morning of post, 02Oct18....

Dealers selling more used vehicles in 2019

Its just opinionated speil from some bod from a finance house hoping to gain more business, and it doesn't even make sense, whatever the franchises do in the near future regarding new or late used its unlikely to involve around this particular finance house too much.

Clark's Kia has set up a new showroom purely for second hand kit and PX's.  It's a cracking site with showroom and forecourt opposite their new car site.

Westland's Toyota (IIRC) did the same thing around 15 years ago - it's now a hand car wash.

10 hours ago, BHM said:

Haven’t they all at some point had a bash at knocking out p/xs?

They find they struggle selling when they try wiping £1500 across a dogshit 10 year old hatchback & they also get a wake up call at the true state of p/xs if their MOT tester isn’t on-side and the Workshop rapes the Sales Dept. 

Yes and No

Company valuations based on increasing revenue multiples means they will keep at it for a while.

Think tech companies who burn cash to make and maintain turnover.

My local Vauxhall was retailing a smart £12k CLK on the grass verge a few weeks back, the Merc dealership is within 1/2 mile of this place; they also had a 1 series on their too .. no local main stealer for BM.. The Merc lasted 10 days.. BM was around 14days

Nosing around my local VW/Audi/Vaux/Merc main stealers.. they all have around 20% other badges in the used lot.... the drop in p/ex's coming out of the back door has dried up too...   

Guess it will always be so, my thought was with reducing new car sales/stock getting hard to find .. this article from back in October was highlighting the gossip on the forum at the time, stock being hard to find.. lifted a some good ones this month though.. so seems to be enough to go around right now!