Sign in to follow this  
LukeRob

Air conditioning machine guidance

Im after an air conditioning machine does anyone know of any garage/workshop equip company’s that offer/service secondhand air conditioning machine?

Im after an r134a machine and i have my refridgerant Handling qual

kind Regards

luke

why not lease brandy new if you think you can make it pay

i nearly did some 10 years ago and pleased i didnt mind,

everyone wants it doing included in their service

they think an mot covers everything 

A new air con machine off euro is £1850 inc vat. 

A used one is going to be £500

They are very temperamental things and rarely last 5 years. 

A bottle of gas is now about £450 and is still going to increase in price. 

old machines waste gas when they go wrong. 

I think it would be a very risky purchase to make buying a used machine, and I don’t think you could get someone to put their name to it and guarantee it. 

I'm having a real run of shit with aircon. Almost every one requiring much more work - rads, compressors, you name it. 

I’ve only ever repaired one a/c system in my entire life & that was two months ago on the Mrs’s car. I was lucky & fortunately it was just gas (it’d been working but struggling for a few months) but tbh it’s rarely just gas - usually some sort of hardware needs replacing. 

If the car has A/C that doesn’t work I don’t refer to A/C on the advert so it’s not part of the sale. Tbh I don’t think it’s lost me many sales (50% of people don’t like it anyway & the other 50% all say “it’ll just need a regas”), everyone’s on a budget so I’m aiming to be price competitive and f*** the a/c :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BHM said:

I’ve only ever repaired one a/c system in my entire life & that was two months ago on the Mrs’s car. I was lucky & fortunately it was just gas (it’d been working but struggling for a few months) but tbh it’s rarely just gas - usually some sort of hardware needs replacing. 

If the car has A/C that doesn’t work I don’t refer to A/C on the advert so it’s not part of the sale. Tbh I don’t think it’s lost me many sales (50% of people don’t like it anyway & the other 50% all say “it’ll just need a regas”), everyone’s on a budget so I’m aiming to be price competitive and f*** the a/c :lol:

Agreed I've just had a customer back whom I told aircon (its in my you sign to accept the car sales invoice) not part of the deal and after all this weather he decided to have it gassed but it spewed itself out,I thought it was the law it had to be tested before filling and they charged him,he went to a garage I recommended and they put some dye in it and you can clearly now see a fractured pipe so he's asked me to replace it and he will pay,I told him I will do the pipe and he only pays if it works,he said he was going to do that anyway........

12 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I'm having a real run of shit with aircon. Almost every one requiring much more work - rads, compressors, you name it. 

Mark, simply don’t do it. Sell it as it is. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Mark, simply don’t do it. Sell it as it is. 

Here! here! You can always tell those of us with years of experience in this game :lol:

I'd be really surprised if the council let you set up doing A/C recharging without wanting you to jump through some hoops first?

10 hours ago, BHM said:

Here! here! You can always tell those of us with years of experience in this game :lol:

On a shitter, I couldn't agree more but on a low miler with FDSH, 1 or 2 owners otherwise mint car, no air con WILL affect the sale IMO.  I don't do or need the volumes some of the guys on here achieve but what I do sell goes for top money and for top money, they need to be right, again that's my opinion and where I have set my stall.

Try selling a car for proper money with no air con in circa 30 degree heat.

Edited by Mark101

13 hours ago, Mark101 said:

On a shitter, I couldn't agree more but on a low miler with FDSH, 1 or 2 owners otherwise mint car, no air con WILL affect the sale IMO.  I don't do or need the volumes some of the guys on here achieve but what I do sell goes for top money and for top money, they need to be right, again that's my opinion and where I have set my stall.

Try selling a car for proper money with no air con in circa 30 degree heat.

We always sort it unless its a rubbish px. On them we take the gas out with the price of it :lol:

Got our own equipment here but I would just buy new to be fair. Second hand won't be up to much. Euro will always have a deal.

On 04/08/2018 at 7:12 PM, tradex said:

Ford by any chance

i will post a guess the car when it comes in:)

Thankyou all for your input will have alook at some new machines from euro and general traffic

luke