Sign in to follow this  

Top Gear: good fun or old hat?

So Top Gear is under way again. What did you think of it?

Personally, I wasn't overly impressed. I didn't like the Argentina special – and I still believe someone, somewhere should have spotted that number plate before they went overseas and put two and two together...

And I didn't go overboard on programme one of the new series. Revisiting the old Car v Bike v Walking v Water challenge – and using my TV licence money to go somewhere exotic to do it – smacked of running out of ideas. Usually, the first programme of any new series is the showcase – the best ideas all rolled into one hour, to show viewers the standard they can expect in the weeks to come. To me, it didn't deliver.

I'm not alone. CarDealerDunc also wasn't a fan. He thought it lacked inspiration. CarDealerGraeme thought they were running out of ideas. CarDealerDJ thought it was okay. CarDealerDave didn't see it as his wife commandeered the remote to watch a catch-up episode of Downton Abbey, but that's a whole new topic.....

Usually, I'm a Top Gear fan. Jeremy Clarkson is funny. Richard Hammond is like a little boy in a sweet shop with some of the antics he's asked to do. And James May reminds me of my old dad... 

Let's hope it gets better – especially as there's talk of the BBC commissioning another three series. Maybe they could actually look at some of the cars that I, and thousands of others, can actually afford, rather than just those I'm never, ever going to drive...

What did you think of it? Am I just a grumbling, grumpy old man? What would you like to see on Top Gear? Let me know...

I agree wholeheartedly,ive always talked up top gear to anyone who knocked it complaining it was boys hour, but last sundays episode left me cold,i will tune in on sunday  this week but if it doesn't improve it looks like i too will let the wife have use of the tv at that time for her bridesdead rubbish  :(

Not every episode is going to be gold, and I wasn't glued to the last episode. I do still enjoy it though! Better than Corry anyway ;)

Just caught up with it. Not that bad. But the Ed Sheeran was all worlds of awkward.

I quite liked that bit James. He seems like a very nice guy giving cars away etc. But like I said, they can not all be tv gold.

Never watch it ..might have seen the very, very  odd episode but Top Gear does nothing for me!!