Sign in to follow this  
trade vet

MTD ....just what you need

14 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

"As you know i have an unusual connection with HMRC (sure she will love being called that) but even with that huge advantage it is still going to be carnage."

So if you get a letter saying you are about to get a thorough examination from a Vat inspector is that the equivalent of a "booty call"?

I am not even going to get into this or I will be eating dinner with Jerry the beagle for the next month.

I emailed our accountant about this for my other business that I run. He has said it will come into operation form April 2019 (not sure if that's just for my business or everyone). He has said that the software has to be HMRC compliant, but its not clear what that will be.

He will be advising me later on this year, because there may be that an Excel spreadsheet plus some sort of conversation software that may work.  

22 hours ago, GazzLaad said:

It would be nice to know what everyone else plans on doing.

Been looking at this for a while.

As far as I know, there is no Law that says you have to own / use a Computer, Mobile, Tablet etc in UK.

If I am forced to do this I will simply shut up shop and retire !!

I suspect a lot of our Rural Sole Traders / Crofters will do the same

BIG BROTHER SOCIETY FFS

9 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

Been looking at this for a while.

As far as I know, there is no Law that says you have to own / use a Computer, Mobile, Tablet etc in UK.

If I am forced to do this I will simply shut up shop and retire !!

I suspect a lot of our Rural Sole Traders / Crofters will do the same

BIG BROTHER SOCIETY FFS

how do you submit them currently by post ? there has been exclusions allowed in statue it hasnt been made clear what the plans are for the current exclusions come next year. 

the current allowed excuses not to submit on line are

your business is subject to an insolvency procedure 

you object to using computers on religious grounds (honestly ) 

you cannot because of your age, a disability or because of where you live for example you do not have internet access.

I have a feeling the above exclusions will become a thing of the past as there no longer relevant in todays society, after all the whole scheme is called "making tax digital"  but what do i know.

Post yes.

And I have one of the quickest broadbands in our area but I put nothing involving money anywhere near a computer that goes on the internet lol !!

Religious Grounds or insanity might work for me :D

Autosales system works really. It’s well priced and the owner is a nice guy! 

Support is great. 

Just one thing is it “on line “ yet?? Not sure as we used a server based system. 

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 7:14 PM, sellect2 said:

Autosales system works really. It’s well priced and the owner is a nice guy! 

Support is great. 

Just one thing is it “on line “ yet?? Not sure as we used a server based system. 

I signed up with them on Friday and they trained me on all aspects of the system by the end of the day. Back-dated the system to the start of April over the weekend so have everything is now on from the start of my financial year.

I have to agree on the support was great, I had to call a few times as I made a few silly mistakes but was told how to easily amend them.

I have been defending my Excel spreadsheet for years, I am certainly eating my words now! Would recommend this to anyone.

The "On Line" query was a worry but I have asked them this morning and it's the link to Sage that makes this compatible with the MTD.

Sage is what they are going to train me on tomorrow (expecting that to not be as straight forward but it's nice to know I have someone hold my hand!)

This MTD is still a load of bollocks in my eyes but it is a blessing in disguise for me after forcing me to sign up to a proper car dealer system.

1 hour ago, GazzLaad said:

The "On Line" query was a worry but I have asked them this morning and it's the link to Sage that makes this compatible with the MTD.

Sage is what they are going to train me on tomorrow (expecting that to not be as straight forward but it's nice to know I have someone hold my hand!)

So you have to use sage as well? Im the same as you only excel nothing else. Can you pay your vat bill as well through them? bloody headache!

2 hours ago, Tom said:

So you have to use sage as well? Im the same as you only excel nothing else. Can you pay your vat bill as well through them? bloody headache!

Well....Autosales does 90% of the work in Sage for you with the buying and selling cars. However I have been taught today how to put wages and electricity bills etc. through Sage directly. (Not as scary as I first thought and I must repeat how amazing the support is, I feel as if I'm being a pain as I just call with loads of questions, a lot that have nothing to do with them just me being an idiot! But I am assured that nothing is too much hassle and I can call for help whenever I want).

I have not gone far enough to say whether you can pay the VAT through them but I know you can submit your VAT return in a matter of seconds as I saw this during the demo. 

I really didn't want to leave my excel as all I knew was my spreadsheet!! I must say though even 4 days into a proper system I am seeing the benefits, my advice is to have a look at it they gave me a demo over the phone using some remote software.

www.autosalessystems.co.uk

Edited by GazzLaad

1 hour ago, Josie said:

PwC offer a HMRC approved solution in the way of bridging software for use in Excel.

For further information email: UK_VATe-file@pwc.com

It's £99 a week cash to advertsie on this site.