Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

I bought a car advertised on Facebook today.....

I'm not really of the FB era, but hey ho you need to move with the times.....anyway up pops this morning a 2005 A4 3.0 TDI SE Quattro Avant with sensible miles 140k and 13 stamps, brand new MOT no advisories, last serviced 5k ago. Its HPI clear..... 

Now its just my cup of tea, manual with tow bar and in black....... No leather, but who cares........ Purchased for £1650......  When will it go BANG !! 

198211_10_big.jpg198211_12_big.jpg198211_19_big.jpg

That will fly out. The word Quattro on any audi seems to get people wet 

Just now, EPV said:

That will fly out. The word Quattro on any audi seems to get people wet 

Agreed, AT put it at £3590, but that's just greedy.

Facebook has gone downhill, spend most of my time dodging plastic traders and in as much that they are easy to spot, I just wonder where all the genuine private sellers have gone to? 

We buy any car most likely lol... 

Avant looks decebt BTW Simon, I just hate towbars ha! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, met said:

Looks good apart from those awful mats

+1.   ECP do fitted mats for that model for something like £13 or simply put them deep in the boot :-)

49 minutes ago, met said:

Looks good apart from those awful mats:D

I like the mats, I buy 20 in bulk off ebay for £5 a pair :P

£100 every couple of months you can comfortably save :-)  Use that to pay for a few drinks when we bump into each other on a beach somewhere.

5 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

£100 every couple of months you can comfortably save :-)  Use that to pay for a few drinks when we bump into each other on a beach somewhere.

The gayest post ever posted on a forum, anywhere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EPV said:

The gayest post ever posted on a forum, anywhere. 

It would've been if I'd added "Sorry I missed you in Ibiza last summer"

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Agreed, AT put it at £3590, but that's just greedy.

And no auction fees !.....a descent new kiddies buggy probably costs more than £1650.....It’s a Hughie Green car ?

12 minutes ago, trade vet said:

a descent new kiddies buggy probably costs more than £1650

We are in the wrong business aren't we :-)

See, you guys are fearless- I’m a dinosaur, as that looks like the absolute plague to me and I wouldn’t touch it. The car that is, not Nick, although I’d need more than a couple of Mojitos. ;o)

20 minutes ago, trade vet said:

And no auction fees !.....a descent new kiddies buggy probably costs more than £1650.....It’s a Hughie Green car ?

My boys buggies cost less than £70 new each from Mother Care. Light, easy folding and with big wheels. 

6 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

See, you guys are fearless- I’m a dinosaur, as that looks like the absolute plague to me and I wouldn’t touch it. The car that is, not Nick, although I’d need more than a couple of Mojitos. ;o)

It will be bought by a sensible buyer for sensible money, they won’t expect a minted car and won’t scream every time a bulb goes. 

24 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

The car that is, not Nick, although I’d need more than a couple of Mojitos

No offence taken here. Sometimes my other half needs more than a couple of mojitos and SHE had a choice 20 years ago when we met. 

"Life is like a box of chocolates (or like a WBAC auction sale). You never know what you'll get"...

Wait a few more years and you’re lucky if you get a pat on the back and a firm handshake. ;o)

36 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

My boys buggies cost less than £70 new each from Mother Care. Light, easy folding and with big wheels. 

So it was you AD,that must have been the last straw for them,no wonder they went tits up.In our John Lewis I often see them priced up ,some of them are just under 2 grand !

2 minutes ago, trade vet said:

So it was you AD,that must have been the last straw for them,no wonder they went tits up.In our John Lewis I often see them priced up ,some of them are just under 2 grand !

We used those for about a year and then the Mrs sold em on Facebook for like £30 each. I thought we should have got £40.... I moaned for a few days .... 

Arfur, did you message the seller 'best price'  :)

Edited by Paddy
  • Like 1

That’s very 

5 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I'm not really of the FB era, but hey ho you need to move with the times.....anyway up pops this morning a 2005 A4 3.0 TDI SE Quattro Avant with sensible miles 140k and 13 stamps, brand new MOT no advisories, last serviced 5k ago. Its HPI clear..... 

Now its just my cup of tea, manual with tow bar and in black....... No leather, but who cares........ Purchased for £1650......  When will it go BANG !! 

198211_10_big.jpg198211_12_big.jpg198211_19_big.jpg

Car looks great did it come in like that or did you pay the boys at Tesco to sort?

7 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

We used those for about a year and then the Mrs sold em on Facebook for like £30 each. I thought we should have got £40.... I moaned for a few days .... 

Did she do a video appraisal and request a deposit before coming to collect? :lol: