Sign in to follow this  
Dealer

GABANO

Right, glad the thread title got your attention and reading this.

Had a customer today who's been an awkward one for a week or so, wants this bumper mark done, wants the other bumper painted due to a stress crack the size of a strand of hair etc. Anyway, picks up on the point that the corner of the bumper where it meets the rear 1/4 is protruding on the drivers side ever so slightly (bmw 5 series, Ford Fiesta and Mondeo anyone?), now this car has done 99k and is 8 years old and between his constant picking he's really been getting on my wick. No matter how many times ive told him i cant make it brand new and that wear and tear is to be expected etc he just keeps on and on............ This led me to think about creating an Acronym for buyers like this and it didn't take me long to come up with one......... GABANO...... "Go And Buy A New One" ...... Next time you have got these types of customers please feel free to say the word amongst your staff /colleagues, say it loud and clear as the customer won't even know what you're on about.........Walk around the office and say out loud and proud....... GABANO! 

Glad i got that off my chest, if you are still here reading this bottom bit then thank god you didn't lose interest! 

GABANO! 

Oh and for those of you that are wondering if we managed to get it ever so slightly more in line then the answer is yes........ Amazing job these sliding hammers can do, we just pulled his back 1/4 out to suit! 

Edited by Dealer
Spelling
  • Like 1

"say it loud and clear as the customer won't even know what you're on about."

And that's where you are going wrong.

Make sure the customer knows what you're saying. He might get the message.

Tell him in no uncertain terms his expectations are unrealistic and you’ve been more that patient. 

Give an inch and the Billy’s will take the piss....stop giving him the the inch....

Hahaha, I already have a name for them: Timewasting c***s. I must confess by the time I’d read the first third I thought “Why the f*** is he putting up with such a pillock?”

Some of you lads must have the patience of a saint - I tell them straight & chase off these Champagne taste, lemonade money idiots. Here are a few phrases

“It’s not a new car”

“The XXXX main dealer is located at X, you’ll find brand new cars there but at brand new prices”

”This car costs £xxxx, brand new today this is £xxxxx, so it’s xx% of a new car”

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE;

”You need to increase your budget or lower your expectations”

• Like 1

we use gfm..............it actually means get them fooked off here...........seriously

I know, i know but you boys must also know what it's like...... You want the sale, also should you "fook" them off then you run the risk of that car perhaps not having the door opened for a couple of months etc. Stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

10 minutes ago, Dealer said:

I know, i know but you boys must also know what it's like...... You want the sale, also should you "fook" them off then you run the risk of that car perhaps not having the door opened for a couple of months etc. Stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

you bought it you know its a good car you know you can sell it to someone sensible get them gm f  d

If you thought they was a problem before they bought it you should have f****d them off pal. 

Have confidence in what you sell and try hard not to sell to imbeciles. 

Not worth the pain. 

• Like 1

Agreed, I havnt got time for people like that. It’s just future hassle waiting to happen.

GABANO, sounds like another mickey mouse advertising platform to me.

18 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

German car customer? 

Yea hahahahahaha 

21 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

German car customer? 

Sold an A6 Avant to a chap on Saturday. He called at 10:30am, he went and drew the readies out, was with me by 4pm, test drove the life out of the car, lifted every rock and stone and looked in every nook and cranny then paid full money and even gave me a £20 drink. 

Pain in the arse punters are universal!