Sign in to follow this  
Marc

Dilemma

37 minutes ago, tradex said:

I usually know if it's a colour to avoid, I always like it, being colour blind maybe the reason?

Squeeze green, burnt orange metallics, that Pug pear green/yellow....all killer colours for resale though....and did I mention silver;)

anyway, did you do the clutch dip check yet?

I think if you only have a few cars or do it from home then I too would be avoiding them, but it’s nice to be different though. (My wife says I’m ‘different’ quite often)

I find gopping/bright colours do OK and brighten the site up. Especially with my OCD where I can’t have two of the same colour cars next to each other or I lose sleep.  

My Sunday man does this on purpose I think just to wind me up. Or puts a little car inbetween large 4x4’s just to be annoying.  Or puts a window sticker upside down and doesn’t line the fronts up. Or leaves the booster box in any one of 50 cars.....

Silver is the kiss of death, nearly as much as German or diesel. A silver, German, diesel- oh the horror! ;o)

I did a Red, White, Blue, Red, White, Blue..... theme one year. Jubilee I think.  

A pitch in my home town always has black cars on the front row.  Looks like a Funeral Directors.  All German too so probably feels like one too.

3 minutes ago, tradex said:

I hope you had the thinnest red car at the bottom of the site and to the left;)

Ha. Yup but my left/ customer's right. Small- Big, Bigger.  Sad but true.

I know what you mean about the colour If I was 50 miles north or south of Glasgow then I would worry more about squeeze green. people here are not the norm :-D Quite outgoing. Narrower target but I can see a young lady choosing squeeze green over black. Regarding bearing , 90 percent of people wouldnt pick up on the noise, mechanic said it's nothing to be worried about but that's not how i operated in past so be madness to change what worked for me before. I believe my mistake was the price I paid at auction not the car itself. To ramble on a bit.. The auction is in the middle of no where, only 10-20 traders physically attend but plenty of fake online ones! the cars are poor but the public car auction in Glasgow is almost as bad you can get better cars but half of Glasgow is bidding. I sold an e90 3 years ago for 4k, was at Glasgow city auction last year and they we're selling similar cars for 4k. Waste of time for me

18 hours ago, Marc said:

I know what you mean about the colour If I was 50 miles north or south of Glasgow then I would worry more about squeeze green. people here are not the norm :-D Quite outgoing. Narrower target but I can see a young lady choosing squeeze green over black. Regarding bearing , 90 percent of people wouldnt pick up on the noise, mechanic said it's nothing to be worried about but that's not how i operated in past so be madness to change what worked for me before. I believe my mistake was the price I paid at auction not the car itself. To ramble on a bit.. The auction is in the middle of no where, only 10-20 traders physically attend but plenty of fake online ones! the cars are poor but the public car auction in Glasgow is almost as bad you can get better cars but half of Glasgow is bidding. I sold an e90 3 years ago for 4k, was at Glasgow city auction last year and they we're selling similar cars for 4k. Waste of time for me

Marc - if your mechanic says there isnt anything to worry about, I'd be inclined to believe him. Ive sold plenty of fiestas with the clutch bearing noise - you will never buy one without it. Likewise I have never had one come back with a problem. It really is a 'characteristic of the car'. I'm not one to skip on prep, new MOT on all of my stuff and in most cases a service too before I even put it on the pitch, but you learn when something really does not need doing. 

Spend your money if you want, but that then becomes a classic case of newbie over prep. I'd concentrate more on price pointing the car. If you are thinking just over 3k, bite the bullet and make it 2995. its not an easy colour to sell, use this exercise as a lesson!

3 hours ago, Matt Reid said:

Marc - if your mechanic says there isnt anything to worry about, I'd be inclined to believe him. Ive sold plenty of fiestas with the clutch bearing noise - you will never buy one without it. Likewise I have never had one come back with a problem. It really is a 'characteristic of the car'. I'm not one to skip on prep, new MOT on all of my stuff and in most cases a service too before I even put it on the pitch, but you learn when something really does not need doing. 

Spend your money if you want, but that then becomes a classic case of newbie over prep. I'd concentrate more on price pointing the car. If you are thinking just over 3k, bite the bullet and make it 2995. its not an easy colour to sell, use this exercise as a lesson!

I have noticed this on Fiesta's aswell. Worst case budget for it to come back within 3 months and do it for the customer. 

Some cars do have noises but they can stay the same for 10k miles others get worse 500 miles in.