Sign in to follow this  
EPV

Car Gurus

This may have been discussed before but how do these sharks get away with sending what are blatantly fabricated enquiries via email?

I’ve had 5 in a week or two, all the same text “i’ve seen your xyz and you can email me on xyz” conveniently the email address is anonymous. I’ve replied to all 5 and not got a reply back. When i’ve chased up asking if they are still interested i’ve had three responses which are clearly bullshit;

”thanks but i’m looking for a bigger car” (last time I checked it hadn’t shrunk)

”I was hoping to get down on Monday evening but that’s not possible so probably best you close the enquiry down” (wow you really WERE interested weren’t you?)

”well my husband is away until next week so when he comes back he’s going to review my list” (yeah right your husband is letting you pick the cars and where’s he gone that doesn’t have internet, mars?)

i don’t care if I don’t get anything from them (it’s free with a click Dealer website) but just don’t send me erroneous leads because I can’t exactly ignore them can I?! 

Go on the CG website.

Look at the options on their site for when you wish to enquire about a dealers car. It has pre populated response you can pick.

On the free package your stock is shown to customers but they don't know where you are based so you get a lot of leads but tends to drop off in terms of being useful contact. 

7 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Go on the CG website.

Look at the options on their site for when you wish to enquire about a dealers car. It has pre populated response you can pick.

On the free package your stock is shown to customers but they don't know where you are based so you get a lot of leads but tends to drop off in terms of being useful contact. 

Complete and utter waste of time.

Absolute joke enquiries so far, an enquiry a day but never any replies. The one I did manage to catch didn't even know what my car was or when he had enquired about it. Sums it all up really. 

9 minutes ago, DHill said:

Absolute joke enquiries so far, an enquiry a day but never any replies. The one I did manage to catch didn't even know what my car was or when he had enquired about it. Sums it all up really. 

As I said. Complete and utter waste of time. 

17 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Complete and utter waste of time.

I sell several a month off the platform and its actually lowest cost per sale. Getting better month on month. Premium listing pack. 

3 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

I sell several a month off the platform and its actually lowest cost per sale. Getting better month on month. Premium listing pack. 

How many fake ones do you get though mate? Does ANYONE leave a number for you to call them back on? 

had one this morning, enquiry on a used Jimny,

odd name, just the usual im interested in your vehicle

emailed back, email back said....looking for an automatic one. replied this is a manual and has always been would you like me to find you a auto one ?

response no leave it I have changed my mind.

also the guy was 200 miles from us. quality lead that if it was real which I doubt

18 minutes ago, Dan W said:

had one this morning, enquiry on a used Jimny,

odd name, just the usual im interested in your vehicle

emailed back, email back said....looking for an automatic one. replied this is a manual and has always been would you like me to find you a auto one ?

response no leave it I have changed my mind.

also the guy was 200 miles from us. quality lead that if it was real which I doubt

Same as my “was looking for a bigger car” response. 

So there’s people out there that are looking for an automatic cruise liner but email about a manual shoebox. Yeah. Right 

• Like 1

For what its worth I don't believe for a second they are sending fake leads. Its just the free listings. If you actually go on the platform you can see it for yourself, so if you have a bit of an idiot who is logged into their site who can send contact with 2 clicks you will attract a bit of that. I guess they want to be sending us as many 'leads' as poss irrespective of quality.

Like anything how many Autotrader / ebay / motors / Find and fund (joking no one actually contact us through there) /etc  go to the trouble of actually typing their details in, typing an enquiry and then we never hear from them again. 

All I can say is we do alright from it. 

We do OK with them, at least a couple every month and we are on the premium package which did givesus full contact details including a phone number.However, we got an email from last week giving us some bullshit about how they are no longer making it compulsory for the punter to enter a phone number. Something about improving the experience for the customer. So now we are just getting the crappy "I am interested in your car" leads with just an email address. I could get that with their fee package. I will be cancelling

Does anyone get anything from Findandfundmycar? Close brothers rep told me Motornovo where pumping some more money into it

3 hours ago, RH Trading said:

Does anyone get anything from Findandfundmycar? Close brothers rep told me Motornovo where pumping some more money into it

We have just given them a cancellation notice last week. We have sold just 1 car through their website (which is a car that we would have sold anyway), and we have received 1 email enquiry from a sudent wanting finance.

Lots of promise and I really wanted it to work but no. 

Gonna have to cancel soon as they won’t reduce it to say a hundred quid a month from 300. Shame. Motonovo are brill. 

Do quite well from Car Gurus though. 

• Like 1

I've got a standard reply I send back to all Cargurus enquiries basically with our full details asking them to get in touch if they wish to view the car. Like Rory I don't think they are fake, they just come through on a standard template as thats how CG lays out its enquiry form and yes there are some bizarre names.

I reckon we sell one a month, maybe two in a good month through them, so I don't see any point in not replying to the enquiries, yes 95% go nowhere but it takes less than 10 minutes a month to respond to the lot.

On 6/11/2018 at 9:25 AM, RH Trading said:

I cancelled after 4 months and not even a phone call, I really wanted it to work but I cant afford to fund find and fund anymore, imo it was rolled out to fast and should have been a gradual build up at no expense to dealer.

1 hour ago, SC Derby said:

I've got a standard reply I send back to all Cargurus enquiries basically with our full details asking them to get in touch if they wish to view the car. Like Rory I don't think they are fake, they just come through on a standard template as thats how CG lays out its enquiry form and yes there are some bizarre names.

I reckon we sell one a month, maybe two in a good month through them, so I don't see any point in not replying to the enquiries, yes 95% go nowhere but it takes less than 10 minutes a month to respond to the lot.

Cheers, will do the same I think. 

6 hours ago, SC Derby said:

I do exactly the same as you. It only takes a few seconds to reply, and in fact I just copy and paste a standard reply from the previous email reply. We have had 26 car guru emails since 1st May, and you would like to think a large company like that are not up to tricks sending out fake enquiries, but its just the weird names that I cant get my head round. But we are not complaining...its free and has generated about 6 deals so far this year.

I mean this name isn't really real surely ? 

Mr Frimply Farquhar

not sure if I am breaking any GDPR regulations by putting that but not a chance in the world that's a real person.

another bizarre enquiry.

14 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Utter waste of time.

Again for us its the only other platform that has made any dent on Autotraders enquiries and actually seems to be working at a fraction of the cost.

Personal opinion of all the platforms its the one that has the biggest chance of taking the top spot over the next few years. 

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

Again for us its the only other platform that has made any dent on Autotraders enquiries and actually seems to be working at a fraction of the cost.

Personal opinion of all the platforms its the one that has the biggest chance of taking the top spot over the next few years. 

Reading above is it true that even on the premium plus package, people still can’t or don’t have to leave their contact details? 

14 minutes ago, EPV said:

Reading above is it true that even on the premium plus package, people still can’t or don’t have to leave their contact details? 

not at all, how else are you meant to get in touch with them.

Find my stock on their site. Send an enquiry yourself just pop test / CD forum or something into the details and watch what happens. Have to have a play around with these platforms. Their retargeting is simply outstanding. Class leading. 

37 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Find my stock on their site. Send an enquiry yourself just pop test / CD forum or something into the details and watch what happens. Have to have a play around with these platforms. Their retargeting is simply outstanding. Class leading. 

I have to say i’m getting a decent number of enquiries from them but they have not yet turned to even a phone call. But my thinking is if there are that many “toe in the water” type people contacting me, with a better package etc there might be a decent source of actual leads there 

53 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Also, don’t you sell high end stuff? Bordering on supercar stock?