Sign in to follow this  
Nick M.K.

An absolute s**t service from BCA Assured

In the past I've specifically asked Lawgistics how easy it is to take BCA to court. They said it is very easy but usually when one company takes another to court it is expected to stop trading with it, buying from it or supplying it. So you go to court, win or lose - your account privileges will go. 

Agree about the fobbing off though. 

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

In the past I've specifically asked Lawgistics how easy it is to take BCA to court. They said it is very easy but usually when one company takes another to court it is expected to stop trading with it, buying from it or supplying it. So you go to court, win or lose - your account privileges will go. 

Agree about the fobbing off though. 

Pardon me......That is bollocks......In which case we would have been barred years ago.BCA/Manheim or whoever auction it may be are acting on behalf of their vendor.

18 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Do you actually go through the branch to make a claim? They have a new system which goes through a customer service desk in Manchester and these are the people I've been speaking with.

I was told the head office for assured claims was based at Measham?

4 hours ago, trade vet said:

Pardon me......That is bollocks...

This was the official legal advice. I'd rather trust Lawgistics than not. 

3 hours ago, Lakeside said:

I was told the head office for assured claims was based at Measham?

They were, until recently. New office, new phone number and new claims handling system now. 

For now I am shouting about it. Hopefully they pick up on it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Are you a member of the IMDA ? 

Surely you are ? 

1 minute ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Are you a member of the IMDA ? 

Yes of course. From day one pretty much. I am still welcome on their forum too :-)

2 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

BCA do suspend your account

So Andy,can we have your experience of this.

4 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

They were, until recently. New office, new phone number and new claims handling system now. 

How many cars do Lawgistics buy ? Ask them for evidence.Plenty of people get suspended or terminated but it is for their wrongdoing.

They have been at Measham for awhile

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

IWell surely the whole point of the IMDA should be to help and support ? 

You scallywag! Perhaps he can also rely upon Phil Nothard for support & advice.

30 minutes ago, trade vet said:

How many cars do Lawgistics buy ? 

Hahaha, it’s always easy doling out advice from the sidelines. It’s just like when a punter comes waving Parker’s Guide quoting prices, “In that case phone Parker’s & ask them for one!”.

1 hour ago, Nick M.K. said:

Don’t hold your f***ing breath!

Finally;

4 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Why not go to the horses mouth? Contact the auction house, tell them you’re taking them to court & see whether or not they close your account & then let us know how you get on. 

8 hours ago, trade vet said:

How many cars do Lawgistics buy ? Ask them for evidence.Plenty of people get suspended or terminated but it is for their wrongdoing.

They have been at Measham for awhile

What happened when you took BCA to court TV? I assume you won?

1 hour ago, EPV said:

What happened when you took BCA to court TV? I assume you won?

Hi Epv.....Yes,we did.I have already described our case,I am trying to find it in my history.However on 8th April I describe another run in with BCA which does refer to suspending accounts.....If necessary I will recount our case later on.

7 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Hi Epv.....Yes,we did.I have already described our case,I am trying to find it in my history.However on 8th April I describe another run in with BCA which does refer to suspending accounts.....If necessary I will recount our case later on.

Nice! I can probably use my imagination to fill in the blanks! 

no experience just several colleagues have had their account suspended as soon as solicitor's are mentioned

10 hours ago, BHM said:

Why not go to the horses mouth? Contact the auction house, tell them you’re taking them to court & see whether or not they close your account & then let us know how you get on. 

Why bother?

I got them to pay me something. Leave the court action to people with more time.

10 hours ago, BHM said:

Perhaps he can also rely upon Phil Nothard for support & advice.

If someone knows something in a certain field I'll listen. I am sure you will too. 

3 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Why bother?

I got them to pay me something. Leave the court action to people with more time.

If someone knows something in a certain field I'll listen. I am sure you will too. 

Nick,I have got to tell you,if you are going to be any good at this job,you cannot be a ‘soft touch’.At some stage you may be cruising along doing well and then HMRC pick you out for a random enquiry and creatively asess you for 6 figures.You cannot roll over and your accountant does not want to upset HMRC,you have to fight on your own.

So do I have to explain our court case again with BCA,as I cannot find it in the history on here.

5 minutes ago, trade vet said:

if you are going to be any good at this job

I am a reasonably new member of this forum but I've done the job a long time (not as long as you but long enough). You'll be pleased to know that both me and my accountant are very good in our respective fields. 

It was another forum member that wanted details of your court run-ins with BCA, as I said earlier I'd rather take £66 and concentrate on what earns me the most than take corporations to court over £264. 

4 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I am a reasonably new member of this forum but I've done the job a long time (not as long as you but long enough). You'll be pleased to know that both me and my accountant are very good in our respective fields. 

It was another forum member that wanted details of your court run-ins with BCA, as I said earlier I'd rather take £66 and concentrate on what earns me the most than take corporations to court over £264. 

T.V don't waste your breath.... this guy knows it all.

Apparently according to another post hes lost literally a million pounds upon startup.

9 minutes ago, Stalker said:

T.V don't waste your breath.... this guy knows it all.

Apparently according to another post hes lost literally a million pounds upon startup.

Re-read that post again, that's not what it says:

On 03/06/2018 at 9:16 AM, trade vet said:

Take note,you are getting valuable advice.A lot of us had to find stuff out with trial and error.

Absolutely right. I wish there were forums with as much info as this back in the days when I was starting up. Would've saved me a million pounds. Literally a million. Expensive f***** education :-)

Edited by Nick M.K.

TV, Nicks a good guy ;) we got on well on the old AT forum, helpful and informative with a very good understanding of the CRA.... I admire someone who gets off their ass and builds up a solid business by themselves and does it correctly and ethically. 

That's quite a compliment Simon, thank you! I am sure the forum will accept me eventually.

12 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

TV, Nicks a good guy ;) we got on well on the old AT forum, helpful and informative with a very good understanding of the CRA.... I admire someone who gets off their ass and builds up a solid business by themselves and does it correctly and ethically. 

I am sure Nick is a good guy Arfur.I am just trying to get across how he should deal with the next BCA Assured misdescribed Car where he could be a grand out of pocket.You cannot be suspended for complaining about a misdescribed car,despite what people are saying......I want all the guys on here to do well.

• Like 1