Sign in to follow this  
MrV

help with manheim online auctions

I'm here again, can anyone familiar with Manheim provide some help please? Last week I signed upto their services which iirc was £70 and they sent me details in the post for an "advantage account". Today I logged into my account online and did a search with BUY NOW/Online Auction criteria selected, I've found 2 cars I want but I can't see where to "buy now" or even when the "online auction" will be, there's no buy now etc buttons nothing, any ideas?

Edited by benjiv50

just click on buy/bid

are they cheapies?

you'll get your arse handed to you mate, you need to look at what you're buying

Ben

You have Leeds,Brighouse,Manchester and Preston auctions not far away,you have to do your homework and get down to the sales.Online buying is only for the pros,you are 5 years away.

6 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Ben

You have Leeds,Brighouse,Manchester and Preston auctions not far away,you have to do your homework and get down to the sales.Online buying is only for the pros,you are 5 years away.

minimum

understood loud and clear chaps ill get my ass to the auction!

Quite a few of us mentioned on your previous thread mate, you got to put the legwork in and get your arse down to an auction and don't leap in and buy any old cheap shite without crawling all over it. 

If your bidding don't just bid to 'win' it you'll pay to much, research what your interested in, set your max bid in your head and stick to it, don't forget fees. 

Keep your eyes and ears open and you'll be amazed, shocked probably a better word, at the goings on if you're regularly attending. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, trade vet said:

Ben

If the auction is close to you then even in five years I would still attend, unless your buying very new stuff with tiny miles anything else needs to be heard seen and smelt in that order. 

• Like 1

Buy now cars have been through sales and not sold for a reason usually. Can occasionally trawl them and cherry pick the odd good car but rare, requires a lot of leg work and if I do and buy a bad one I have only myself to blame.

• Like 1

OP: Don't do it! I buy loads from Manheim, but NEVER buy online and/or without a physical inspection as above!

Lots of guys on here buy online (good luck to them), but it is not for the feint hearted or newbies

Good luck

10 hours ago, justina3 said:

If the auction is close to you then even in five years I would still attend, unless your buying very new stuff with tiny miles anything else needs to be heard seen and smelt in that order. 

TO F***ING TRUE!!!! Anyone buying old shite is running the gauntlet buying blind. Absolutely no chance whatsoever here.

14 hours ago, BHM said:

TO F***ING TRUE!!!! Anyone buying old shite is running the gauntlet buying blind. Absolutely no chance whatsoever here.

+1 could never do it when starting out its hard enough now we have started buying new stuff with manufacturer warranty still get the odd bad one. 

You learn a lot when at the auctions in person and spot cars you just don't notice online too.